Intro to R/C class at local hackerspace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadBlaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
I'm involved with a local non profit hackerspace. Im starting to plan out an class to offer the basics of running and maintaining an RC. I want everyone (7 and up) to walk away with possibly their first RC ever.

I'm hunting down possible rig options and I'm hitting walls. It comes down to wanting to keep the lesson cost down as much as humanly possible, while not handing out junk either. The president of the hackerspace is very talented in getting donations, discounts, what have you. I just need any and all options/opinions to what I can do to push this to be the best it can be for the young beginners.

My goal is to have 20 rigs for the intro class. If the intro class goes well, an intermediate and advanced class will be executed. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Greg

Generic mini scale..
Inexpensive.

Today is the Last day @ Costco $19.99
IMG_20231107_121946253.jpg

IMG_20231107_121957532.jpg

IMG_20231107_122008564.jpg

Super!
Glad to help. 👍

Good Luck on the class.
Should be a very fun event.

Throw us a link and keep us posted.

Thanks!

I'm hoping for it to happen in January at the latest. Writing that I see an opportunity to teach the younglings the wonders of liquid electrical tape 😁

Thanks!

I'm hoping for it to happen in January at the latest. Writing that I see an opportunity to teach the younglings the wonders of liquid electrical tape 😁

They'll use it like finger nail polish...

If maintenance is a key thing, I'd suggest Redcats. Cheaper, basically same as all major brands, very easy to work with compared to the major brands. I always said my first, Redcat Blackout, was perfect as a learner RC. Close behind is ECX.

That's really what I want to offer. It's just too much cost wise, imo, to run an introduction class from a non profit joint. If it's not their jam, or breaks easily (some people refuse to wrench) I still want an positive impression.

If I was to go to the next step and offer intermediate, that would be a good starting point.

I wish you and all involved the best of luck getting your project successful!!
A friend of mine that worked for nyc schools wanted to do the same. Teach the kids tool skills and macanical. While also responsibly and trouble shooting. We tried to get any kind of discount or donation. Unfortunately he couldn't get the schools to help with paperwork to help with getting donations or discounts. HH and amain hobby said that is needed and we can help. Hpi had a program for just this!!

I wish you and all involved the best of luck getting your project successful!!
A friend of mine that worked for nyc schools wanted to do the same. Teach the kids tool skills and macanical. While also responsibly and trouble shooting. We tried to get any kind of discount or donation. Unfortunately he couldn't get the schools to help with paperwork to help with getting donations or discounts. HH and amain hobby said that is needed and we can help. Hpi had a program for just this!!

Nice!
That's Very Good info to know. 👊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back