Vorteks My foray into ARRMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_G

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Purchased on a whim after recently buying a new house with a backyard 3-4 times larger that previous house.

A54E1D0A-E6A7-473D-9D0A-18F025050496.jpeg

So behind the fountain, shed and swing there is enough area I think to have a “track”

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So that’s a thing besides having plenty of room in grass for a jump or two.

When I bought the Vorteks, I had already done a bunch of reading here and Reddit. So I also ordered 3x 5200maH zee 3s, Limitless rear and Mojave front shocks.
4689C5A7-7E34-448E-88ED-22505F4FE0E0.jpeg

Typhon A-arms and turnbuckles from Jenny’s, 14 to 17 adapters for the stock, Fortress MT tires and the RCStation 1/8th buggy tires.
841E6F3C-38F7-49D5-8012-F3624597DE75.jpeg

Finally, I ordered 13-17 pinions for when I decide if I want more run time and cooler electrics. Not to mention massive torque.

As the parts come in, I will continue to update. And as I break stuff, I will share my journey of RC repairs.

For now though, I’m going to go out back and drive this thing for the first time. Other than the burnout I did in my tile…
image.jpg

4365E886-440A-4E68-9B83-005D189114AC.jpeg

Purchased on a whim after recently buying a new house with a backyard 3-4 times larger that previous house.

View attachment 222960

So behind the fountain, shed and swing there is enough area I think to have a “track”

View attachment 222961
View attachment 222962
View attachment 222964

So that’s a thing besides having plenty of room in grass for a jump or two.

When I bought the Vorteks, I had already done a bunch of reading here and Reddit. So I also ordered 3x 5200maH zee 3s, Limitless rear and Mojave front shocks.
View attachment 222965

Typhon A-arms and turnbuckles from Jenny’s, 14 to 17 adapters for the stock, Fortress MT tires and the RCStation 1/8th buggy tires.
View attachment 222968

Finally, I ordered 13-17 pinions for when I decide if I want more run time and cooler electrics. Not to mention massive torque.

As the parts come in, I will continue to update. And as I break stuff, I will share my journey of RC repairs.

For now though, I’m going to go out back and drive this thing for the first time. Other than the burnout I did in my tile…
View attachment 222969

View attachment 222967

Yessir ! Off to a good start !! I don't have any picks of my trail as yet, more than likely will be used for my crawler, as all my bigger rigs just need more room than my 1.5 acres has..... but in the end, what I have started will look.....more or less..... like yours

It will have some areas for steep climbs/dropoffs as well

Good job! Enjoy!!

Yessir ! Off to a good start !! I don't have any picks of my trail as yet, more than likely will be used for my crawler, as all my bigger rigs just need more room than my 1.5 acres has..... but in the end, what I have started will look.....more or less..... like yours

It will have some areas for steep climbs/dropoffs as well

Good job! Enjoy!!
Yeah, I tried driving in there.. Very loose with all the leaves and pine straw and all the POWER! :D

So here is where I currently stand with this. I had a lot of problems with the hot bodies 17mm extensions and them coming loose at the adapter part. Lost the pins 3 times but was able to find them the first two. So went back to stock. Because of this, I haven’t put the Typhon arms on yet.

My question is, what parts do I need for a complete A-arm replacement to run 17mm hexes. I have the a arms and hexes already.

Oh, upgraded esc to 130a and getting a bit more out of battery even with running back and forth doing wheelies and bouncing through the grass.

Photos:

5242344B-A178-41A9-B3A6-D1038062B64D.jpeg

C61106F1-2B2D-484C-82BD-C8B0C0DA4353.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back