Big Rock My upgrades, maybe can help you aswell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my set up i currently have with my bigrock. Its working very well for me, but i can tell i deff don't bash near as hard as some of you guys. So what works for me might not work for you.

30k oil front diff, 20k oil rear diff slipper set by pushing the car till the rear tires skid.

Hot racing shock bodies with 60wt up front and 50wt in the rear, i have yet to bend a shock shaft. When i do i will up grade to 6s shocks.. but have been happy thus far.

Amazon aluminum bellcrank and pivot ball kit. Tightened every thing up very well. I have been lubing every thing with silicone spray and it seems to be holding well.

Hope this can help some

Nice setup.(y)(y)
Silicone doesn't do much for lubrication IMHO. Far from the best lube, especially if just spraying the whole rig down. It is too thin of a lube. Sure looks nice for the shelf when sprayed down, shiny and all.... But not the best way to care for your rig. Does nothing for the BB's IMHO. Most critical. I use a dry lube directly on pivot points, ball ends and pins, if anything.
Just my spin.
Silicone collects/attracts dirt everywhere while not really lubing well. At least for RC use.

Nice setup.(y)(y)
Silicone doesn't do much for lubrication IMHO. Far from the best lube, especially if just spraying the whole rig down. It is too thin of a lube. Sure looks nice for the shelf when sprayed down, shiny and all.... But not the best way to care for your rig. Does nothing for the BB's IMHO. Most critical. I use a dry lube directly on pivot points, ball ends and pins, if anything.
Just my spin.
Silicone collects/attracts dirt everywhere while not really lubing well. At least for RC use.
What dry lube are you using? I'd like to try it.

Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back