Limitless MYLAPS RC4 Transponder Mount Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
Have you guys had experience using these transponders before?

What’s a good mounting location in the Limitless V2? Am thinking nose area.

That cable looks really short too.

IMG_0526.png

Have you guys had experience using these transponders before?

What’s a good mounting location in the Limitless V2? Am thinking nose area.

That cable looks really short too.

View attachment 344328
I allways ran them on the receiver box or on the servo if possible

@Cheez @BashTillBroken - Thanks I mounted it on top of the receiver box secured with some dual lock.

At the race yesterday the race director told me I can only use one. Apparently switching cars (and transponders) between heats makes him have to do updates in the mylaps software that he would rather avoid. Do you guys know if I can change the number on my second transponder to match my first one? It will be a pain to transfer transponders… sort of defeats the purpose of buying two.

You could have some sort of quick release to hold your transponder on. And use a servo extension to get the plugger outside of the RX box

@Luke66 - Yup good idea I will probably have to go that route, and just keep the other transponder as a spare.

From Mylaps tech support:

“Mylaps no longer makes two transponders to have the same ID. The best option is to ask the track to create a second person, as if this was a different racer than you.”

I can see how the track will find issues with that.

This sounds like it could easily be fixed in software, but who knows how long their update cycle is. 🤔

Back