Fireteam Rear shock location?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixxie33

Reaction score
I have to ask this question: rear lower arms on fire team, shock position. One of the shocks came mounted to the hole closest to the tire, the other is mounted furthest away from the tire.
Each arm has two mounting locations in them.
Does it really matter? Should I move one or the other?
New person asking.

I have to ask this question: rear lower arms on fire team, shock position. One of the shocks came mounted to the hole closest to the tire, the other is mounted furthest away from the tire.
Each arm has two mounting locations in them.
Does it really matter? Should I move one or the other?
New person asking.

Should have them both at the same mounting position.

Which hole position depends on how much ground clearance you're looking for..

Does it really matter?

Of course it does!

Screenshot 2024-02-03 155006.jpg

Only the Talion is slammed in the minimal droop position on the notorious v5/EXB rear lower arm.

If you plan to use inner mount, the droop screws will need to be adjusted to compensate so the composite shock rod ends don’t pull the threads out.

Last edited:
The shock location on Arrma's arms are not there for the purpose of tuning. they are spaced too far apart.

The reason for the two shock locations are that the outer hole is the legacy one, and when the v5 came out they moved to a much narrower rear shock tower, mostly for durability sake, so the shocks moved inwards and therefor the arm have another hole to match that.

The outer hole is when using a wide shock tower, like the older v4, or for the Talion, which was never changed to have a narrow shock tower.

If you build a car less for bashing and more for handling, i personally prefer the wider v4 tower, and therefore use the outer holes for that,

Back