Mojave Need a Motor Fan Solution for the Mojave + Hobbystar 4092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wraith405

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys, I just installed the Max6 and Hobbystar 4092 motor in my Mojave. I'm running the stock spur with a 17tooth pinion and temps are getting pretty high. Was seeing 170+ F after 25-30 minutes of running.

That seemed a little extreme to me so I called the run short. I've got the Yeah Racing twin tornado fan/heatsink setup, the fans have seemingly died. Only one of them is spinning, the other has a electrical problems and doesn't stay spinning most of the time.

I'm planning to go ahead and replace the smaller heatsink type thing a straight fan mount and a couple of decent fans. Does anybody have a solid fan setup for this motor?

Hey guys, I just installed the Max6 and Hobbystar 4092 motor in my Mojave. I'm running the stock spur with a 17tooth pinion and temps are getting pretty high. Was seeing 170+ F after 25-30 minutes of running.

That seemed a little extreme to me so I called the run short. I've got the Yeah Racing twin tornado fan/heatsink setup, the fans have seemingly died. Only one of them is spinning, the other has a electrical problems and doesn't stay spinning most of the time.

I'm planning to go ahead and replace the smaller heatsink type thing a straight fan mount and a couple of decent fans. Does anybody have a solid fan setup for this motor?
Fan setup for any 40XX size motor will work fine. Same diameter. I just rigged up a 12v high speed fan on a cheap fan mount bracket that came with a poopy fan that never worked. No heat sink it just sounds like a jet engine and blows a lot of air on the motor. I started with one but now use two brackets, one on each side.

ACADD219-DA4F-4A7A-A1B4-70F7EE582607.jpeg

B9BE24D3-84C7-48D5-8C87-7F2ADE5A0351.jpeg

Fan setup for any 40XX size motor will work fine. Same diameter. I just rigged up a 12v high speed fan on a cheap fan mount bracket that came with a poopy fan that never worked. No heat sink it just sounds like a jet engine and blows a lot of air on the motor. I started with one but now use two brackets, one on each side.

View attachment 208952

View attachment 208953
totally think i'm going to try some of those 12v fans next. I'm a bit scared of the noise though. These rocket fans already sound like jet engines, so I know that 12v fan sounds like it's trying to reach the moon. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the replies everyone!

View attachment 208952

View attachment 208953

Do you run those fans off any sort of external power for the 12v? Maybe off the ESC fan plug? I was running those little tornado fans off the main battery through the receiver, but that's an absolute pain to get into.

I'll check out these 12V fans, those looks fantastic

Do you run those fans off any sort of external power for the 12v? Maybe off the ESC fan plug? I was running those little tornado fans off the main battery through the receiver, but that's an absolute pain to get into.

I'll check out these 12V fans, those looks fantastic
I run it off the ESC fan port with the BEC voltage turned up to the max (hobbywing ESC). It’s not 12v but it works well. You can also run it off of one of your 3S packs, but I haven’t needed to. Just make sure your servo can handle the higher 7.4v voltage.

I'll check out these 12V fans, those looks fantastic.
You cant run 12v fans effectively with the ESC's BEC. Need to power from the Balance lead of the Main lipo (limited to 12 volts) or a separate dedicated 3S fan lipo.

You cant run 12v fans effectively with the ESC's BEC. Need to power from the Balance lead of the Main lipo (limited to 12 volts) or a separate dedicated 3S fan lipo.
I beg to differ, mine work fine on the BEC circuit. Sure they will spin faster and work better at higher voltage but I’ve gotten enough cooling without going to 3S voltage. They don’t move enough air at 6v, but with a Hobbywing ESC and the BEC voltage set to maximum they work well enough for me. It helps that I’m in Canada and it doesn’t get super hot outside very often.

I run the NHX dual coolers with alloy framed fans. They seem to hold up to chassis slap the best and since it comes with alloy framed fans, any of the cheap 30mm fans fit it.
https://nitrohobbies.com/nhx8002rd/

Have one on the 4092 I moved from my kraton to my maxx.
2022-0311-maxx-v2-4092-1650kv.jpg

That one has some generic guards on the fans as I got the mount from a friend who had a few spare ones. He was buying the whole mount with 2 fans because it was cheaper than buying 2 fans. Was before he noticed rcjuice had sales on the 30mm fans for $10 pretty frequently.

Also have one on the 4092 in my outcast:
2022-0104-outcast-esc-side.jpg

View attachment 208952

View attachment 208953
It still kills me people pay so much for a game changer fan when you can literally make this for 100% cheaper lol.

Got a link to those fans?
Trying to figure out where I got them. I don't see them in Amazon or BangGood history. Maybe AliExpress... will dig more later.

I know there was a Youtube video that walked through it and that is where I got the info on the fans and soldering connectors and such. Just can't find it - was over a year ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back