Grom Need Grom Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaynor

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Vendetta
I've run the Grom mini for an hour or so the it developed a bad left lean that makes it turn sharp left even if not touching the steering. Ideas of where to start debug.

I've run the Grom mini for an hour or so the it developed a bad left lean that makes it turn sharp left even if not touching the steering. Ideas of where to start debug.

Something got jammed in the steering servo area , maybe?

Yeah that's a problem.:( Probably something obvious and simple to fix, hopefully, since it is basically brand new and hardly driven.
Look it over well. Servo, SS, and all. Radio settings etc. The warranty has you covered if something failed.
Not quite sure what you exactly describe. Just that the ST is bad. And all of a sudden.
A video would help if you post it here.

The saver is junk on these, grab a 21T direct horn to link and flip the screw head direction.

Also lots of slop in the assembly because of the pin link design. I replaced it with a long screw to minimize floating.

IMG_1057.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you recommend a vendor for it or does it matter?

@dmaynor Samething happened to me, it steers too much on the left and I have to set the trim on the remote completely to the right. I didn't drive it much either.

Same issue on mine.
I've unscrewed the servo spacer and move itby one teeth, so it's a bit straighter...

The saver is junk on these, grab a 21T direct horn to link and flip the screw head direction.

Also lots of slop in the assembly because of the pin link design. I replaced it with a long screw to minimize floating.

View attachment 338282
i'm very interested in your upgarde but i'm not sure to get it right !
you've replaced the pin we can see on your picture and put the long srew instead ?
did you thighten the screw on its lower part ? in the chassis ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back