Granite Need help arrma granite 4x4 mega ran amazing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idunno87

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Although each time everything did get kinda hot being new to rc I just figured let it cool off recharge battery and good to go but now after about 5 runs once stock charger indicates battery is full I plug it up and try to give full throttle and it sputters like battery is going dead

Did you break in the motor as instructed in the manual? Brushed motors are not known to be very durable and skipping this step usually means you burnt up the motor. If so go with a mild brushless system instead. Should have got the BLX version instead of the Mega.

Did you break in the motor as instructed in the manual? Brushed motors are not known to be very durable and skipping this step usually means you burnt up the motor. If so go with a mild brushless system instead. Should have got the BLX version instead of the Mega.
Motor is actually still good I was curious so I hooked battery straight to motor and it literally jumped out of my lap I think the esc is doing low voltage cut off how many volts is the esc suppose to push to the motor?

Motor is actually still good I was curious so I hooked battery straight to motor and it literally jumped out of my lap I think the esc is doing low voltage cut off how many volts is the esc suppose to push to the motor?
Do you have the jumper set to NiMH or lipo?

Ok will do I didn't know if it stopped charging when light turned green earlier I tested with volt meter it was at 7.5 but when plugged into Esc and turned on when I pressed throttle the output of the connectors that go to motor were only reading 5.7

Is this the 7-cell Nimh? or a 6-c NIMH?

7c is nominal 8.4v, but fully charged should show around 10.5v.
6c nominal is 7.2v, but fully charged should show a bit over 9v.

7.5v on a 7c is fully discharged.

On the stock charger, I may be wrong. If it has green light/red light, maybe it actually cuts voltage when it thinks it is done. But if it thinks 7.5v is done, then could be the charger is bad.

for $25 you can get a basic charger that will get those Nimh charged in about an hour, and will handle basic Lipo duties when you move up...
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...t-mini-50w-multichemistry-charger--p-dync2030

Also, this one looks interesting for a starter "Smart" charger. Which plug does the MEGA come with these days? If it is the blue EC3 or the orange IC3, this could be a good option -
https://www.horizonhobby.com/airplanes/chargers--1/s150-smart-ac-charger-1x50w--spmxc1070

It's a 7 cell and not sure guessing you mean orange buy the tip that plugs into the battery? And yeah my wife's making me get a cheaper hobby so I figured this is as close small and cheap as it gets compared to my other hobby wich was building drag cars "quarter mile " run em once or twice then sell n start over something me an my father have always done since I was little

It's a 7 cell and not sure guessing you mean orange buy the tip that plugs into the battery? And yeah my wife's making me get a cheaper hobby so I figured this is as close small and cheap as it gets compared to my other hobby wich was building drag cars "quarter mile " run em once or twice then sell n start over something me an my father have always done since I was little
Yeah, the hobby is cheap - compared to racing 1:1, for sure. But still, you will need to spend money sometimes. Those $20-$30 chargers are about as cheap as you can get and still be mostly reliable.

Yes, I was talking about the plug on the batter. I checked the Arrma site, and it shows the IC3, which is what I figured the new trucks used. My Granite Mega was an earlier model, and came with T-Plugs. The IC3 is a better plug, so yeah, for you. :) If you didn't have the IC3 plug, then the "Smart" charger would not be a good option.

Yeah it's gotta have something to do with esc or something battery not bad if I plug it straight to motor it gets up and goes

7.5v will spin the motor, but it should not have much power. This makes me think the battery has an issue, at a minimum, it does not have a good charge.

The ESC is known to run hot, this could also cause the ESC to fail early.

The Brushed motor is known to run hot, which could cause it to die early.

If you had back-ups of battery, ESC, or motor, you could trouble shoot more, but sounds like buying parts is out. Did you get the truck at a local LHS? Maybe they could help you trouble shoot?

Last - in what part of the world is your home? Maybe there is a RC'er or a track near by that could assist, if there is no LHS.

If you check the “smart” lead on the stock NiMH that comes in our trucks they aren’t even hooked up. I got the S150 charger and a 2S, the NiMH has no center wire so no smart functionality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 26
7.5v will spin the motor, but it should not have much power. This makes me think the battery has an issue, at a minimum, it does not have a good charge.

The ESC is known to run hot, this could also cause the ESC to fail early.

The Brushed motor is known to run hot, which could cause it to die early.

If you had back-ups of battery, ESC, or motor, you could trouble shoot more, but sounds like buying parts is out. Did you get the truck at a local LHS? Maybe they could help you trouble shoot?

Last - in what part of the world is your home? Maybe there is a RC'er or a track near by that could assist, if there is no LHS.
I live in Beaumont tx their is a little hobby shop down the road I went to today but they didn't really seem like they were to interested unless I was about to spend money or to pay them to figure it out give me a sec idk why I didn't think of it earlier ima post a short clip of what it does

If you check the “smart” lead on the stock NiMH that comes in our trucks they aren’t even hooked up. I got the S150 charger and a 2S, the NiMH has no center wire so no smart functionality.
I just bought the S150 charger and 2s lipo combo pack. When I plug it all together it just beeps. To me the manual is not very clear. Any pointers? Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back