Need help finding the correct servo adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I will be using a RX that has the typical ports for servos/lights. Futaba style plugs?
I need an adapter to use the stock servo connector (sorry I don't know beans about connector types)
for the FMS Smasher servo. It's an upgraded servo but has the same type of connector as the stock servo.
It seems that most people need an adapter to go from an upgraded servo with a Futaba type connector to the stock RX
and that's the only types of adapter I have been seeing online.
Mahalo in advance! (such a noob)

Couple of pictures of the connector my servo has.
20230426_233616.jpg
20230426_233846.jpg

Sorry can't answer the question directly but can't you just splice the wires on a futaba plug onto the wires... keep colors correct... you know cut end off, strip wires back a bit and solder them together... that is how I'd do it.. might be "hick" but that's how i roll. Have always been function over cosmetic.
Good luck!

Sorry can't answer the question directly but can't you just splice the wires on a futaba plug onto the wires... keep colors correct... you know cut end off, strip wires back a bit and solder them together... that is how I'd do it.. might be "hick" but that's how i roll. Have always been function over cosmetic.
Good luck!
That was always an option. I may have to do that. Thanks!

Yeah unfortunately you will have no choice but to use JR/Futaba plugs.
JST's won't cut it.:giggle:
You can either change out to the proper Rx connector, fresh pins etc, and crimp them,
Or get a JR/Futaba pig tail, cut to length as needed, and just solder the wires. Would be easier IMHO. I have done it both ways.
I do this when I shorten really long Servo wiring. I like my wire runs short. No excess. Depends on the build I am doing.
I like neat wiring.

20230427_114058.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately you will have no choice but to use JR/Futaba plugs.
JST's won't cut it.:giggle:
You can either change out to the proper Rx connector, fresh pins etc, and crimp them,
Or get a JR/Futaba pig tail, cut to length as needed, and just solder the wires. Would be easier IMHO. I have done it both ways.
I do this when I shorten really long Servo wiring. I like my wire runs short. No excess. Depends on the build I am doing.
I like neat wiring.

View attachment 295648
Could this be??? Is that your XXX-T??? :love:

I treat her well. Don't worry.:) You took extreme care of it and was built nice. Just needed some TLC. She is a runner again. ISDT Brushed ESC. Rebuilt the Modified motor you gave me. New brushes. Cut the armature etc. Swapped out to other springs you gave me. All dialed in. Dug out these unused 30+ year old RC10T tires I had in bins.:LOL:

20230427_120649.jpg

Thanx again...for passing her onto me.

Last edited:
I love that body. It is so retro. :giggle:
Reminds me of my track days. When I raced against XXX-T's with my 10T's.
This was no slouch. It was up there. The graphite kit was superior tech back then. It is cost prohibitive to make RC's Graphite composite these days. Very light and rigid. Drives like its on rails. I've also run it with 3s. Just that the new steel diff balls got trashed quickly. Best with 2s. The slipper clutch and transmission were never designed for 3s running. 3s lipo's wasn't even a thing back then. I may buy some Ceramic diff balls next. I drive her gently. Hard to get parts. She is vintage for sure. A cream puff.

Last edited:
I will be using a RX that has the typical ports for servos/lights. Futaba style plugs?
I need an adapter to use the stock servo connector (sorry I don't know beans about connector types)
for the FMS Smasher servo. It's an upgraded servo but has the same type of connector as the stock servo.
It seems that most people need an adapter to go from an upgraded servo with a Futaba type connector to the stock RX
and that's the only types of adapter I have been seeing online.
Mahalo in advance! (such a noob)

Couple of pictures of the connector my servo has.
View attachment 295626View attachment 295627
I think this what your looking for?
https://www.helidirect.com/products/furitek-high-quality-wireset-for-fcx24

Thats exactly what I was looking for.
I just found connectors that I forgot about in one of my parts bin so looks like I'll just change the connector.

Where you been hiding???
You show up on my YT laughing your ass off then disappear again...WTF?!?!?! :LOL:

I treat her well. Don't worry.:) You took extreme care of it and was built nice. Just needed some TLC. She is a runner again. ISDT Brushed ESC. Rebuilt the Modified motor you gave me. New brushes. Cut the armature etc. Swapped out to other springs you gave me. All dialed in. Dug out these unused 30+ year old RC10T tires I had in bins.:LOL:

View attachment 295657
Thanx again...for passing her onto me.
https://teambluegroove.com/
Just saying...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back