Hobbywing Sensor Adapter Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSassin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Vorteks
  3. Infraction 4x4
Trying to figure out something but can't find a definitive answer anywhere.
Does anyone know if the sensor adapter cable that hobbywing sells will allow you to run their EZrun sensored motors (3652 SD G3 for example) on a Quicrun series esc (10bl120sd for example).
The description for it only states it's use in the opposite direction (using a Ezrun max series esc with non-EZrun sensored motors), but I realize that there are 2 options to the cable, male or female end, which means that it could either be plugged on the sensor end from the esc or the end from the motor.
Anyone with this experience?

Sensor Adapter Cable.png

If a Hobbywing ESC is compatible with Hobbywing and non-Hobbywing motors, then Hobbywing motors must be compatible with Hobbywing and non-Hobbywing ESCs. I believe that covers every combination. I'm not sure if this includes Castle or not.

If a Hobbywing ESC is compatible with Hobbywing and non-Hobbywing motors, then Hobbywing motors must be compatible with Hobbywing and non-Hobbywing ESCs. I believe that covers every combination. I'm not sure if this includes Castle or not.
That’s not quite right. The old 10BL120 sensored ESC uses the industry standard sensor port. The new EZrun sensored ESCs use a weird proprietary port. The two are not compatible.
Trying to figure out something but can't find a definitive answer anywhere.
Does anyone know if the sensor adapter cable that hobbywing sells will allow you to run their EZrun sensored motors (3652 SD G3 for example) on a Quicrun series esc (10bl120sd for example).
The description for it only states it's use in the opposite direction (using a Ezrun max series esc with non-EZrun sensored motors), but I realize that there are 2 options to the cable, male or female end, which means that it could either be plugged on the sensor end from the esc or the end from the motor.
Anyone with this experience?

View attachment 335058
I think you’re out of luck. As far as I can tell, there is no way to use one of HW’s new sensored ezrun motors with anything but a new ezrun ESC, unless you’re okay running it without the sensor function active.

That’s not quite right. The old 10BL120 sensored ESC uses the industry standard sensor port. The new EZrun sensored ESCs use a weird proprietary port. The two are not compatible.

I think you’re out of luck. As far as I can tell, there is no way to use one of HW’s new sensored ezrun motors with anything but a new ezrun ESC, unless you’re okay running it without the sensor function active.
Yea I'm beginning to think that too.
I still went ahead and sent an email to Hobbywing just to confirm.

So heard back from Hobbywing, and yes the setup I was enquiring about can work.
They sell both sides of the adapter cable (esc side, and motor side)
I recommended that they update their product description because it makes it sound like it would only work on the esc side.

So heard back from Hobbywing, and yes the setup I was enquiring about can work.
They sell both sides of the adapter cable (esc side, and motor side)
I recommended that they update their product description because it makes it sound like it would only work on the esc side.
Thanks. Is it a different adapter cable? Did they give you a part number?

Thanks. Is it a different adapter cable? Did they give you a part number?
Well the cable is sold in 3 options, male jst to standard sensor, female jst to standard sensor, and then both cables together.
All 3 options are there with their respective part numbers, but the description only stated using it on EZrun esc's to standard sensored motors...but now I know it can be done in the reverse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back