Esc and motor choice, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulLiu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast EXB
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice on esc and motor choice. Truck is 6s Kraton exb v2, stock electronics are going to my other project.
I will run the truck mainly on grass field or street with occasional skate park session. Combo also could be ending in my infraction some time. I want to run high voltage servo too.
Any suggestion on which esc or motor to go with? Max8 g2 combo? Max6 g2? Castle?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

As soon as that tax return money comes in I’m getting at the new max6 combo.

I got the older max6 combo in my outcast and it’s powerful and runs cool.

Gonna throw the new sensored max6 in my Mojave. Some will say that sensored motor not really useful in a basher but I drive my Mojave and the back yard track and love to be able to control my drifts better around the right corners. Really curious on if the sensored motor will make driving experience better.

I never had castle, they’re more expensive but have more features like data logging. I don’t speed run so I don’t have much use for that feature.

As soon as that tax return money comes in I’m getting at the new max6 combo.

I got the older max6 combo in my outcast and it’s powerful and runs cool.

Gonna throw the new sensored max6 in my Mojave. Some will say that sensored motor not really useful in a basher but I drive my Mojave and the back yard track and love to be able to control my drifts better around the right corners. Really curious on if the sensored motor will make driving experience better.

I never had castle, they’re more expensive but have more features like data logging. I don’t speed run so I don’t have much use for that feature.
Max6 has data logging and built in bluetooth to get it. The 1650 combo on Amain right now comes to 212.50 with coupon NCF24 or NCF24A. It's a no brainer versus MMX8s 1717 combo unless you really really want castle for some reason. Sensored is the best throttle feel I've ever had and can't go back.

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice on esc and motor choice. Truck is 6s Kraton exb v2, stock electronics are going to my other project.
I will run the truck mainly on grass field or street with occasional skate park session. Combo also could be ending in my infraction some time. I want to run high voltage servo too.
Any suggestion on which esc or motor to go with? Max8 g2 combo? Max6 g2? Castle?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

I have Max8 in the Outcast and it's more than plenty, but Kraton can fit Max6 and it's a bit more stable so the extra torque might be useful, and they are basically same price so why not?

Back