need help... my servo started sketching out lately

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
If i ease onto the throttle its not to bad but if i punch it the steering turns too the right and makes it loose control and other times it don't recenter

Stock servo? Sounds like it's whining pretty bad when you turned left. May be time for a new one.
Also thought maybe ball joints or steering was too tight but I don't think so anymore because it moves freely...at least not under load.
I'm not one to take apart a servo and try to rebuild but if you have an upgrade already in there you could do that?
I know I'm not helpful here but I watched and honestly if it were my truck I'd just replace.

Stock servo? Sounds like it's whining pretty bad when you turned left. May be time for a new one.
Also thought maybe ball joints or steering was too tight but I don't think so anymore because it moves freely...at least not under load.
I'm not one to take apart a servo and try to rebuild but if you have an upgrade already in there you could do that?
I know I'm not helpful here but I watched and honestly if it were my truck I'd just replace.
ya i ordered a new one a few weeks ago. its more noticable with 3s. when i run 2s it don't do it so bad. it caused me to wipout so bad it did acrobatices in the air at about 50 mph today and broke a body mount

ya i ordered a new one a few weeks ago. its more noticable with 3s. when i run 2s it don't do it so bad. it caused me to wipout so bad it did acrobatices in the air at about 50 mph today and broke a body mount
If you have a new one on the way it wouldn't hurt to disassemble the old one and see whats going on in there. Maybe salvageable and if not you'll have a new one to stick in there anyway.

I've killed 5 Arrma servos and 2 started doing exactly that just before they completely went out. Coincidentally those were the only 2 that I ever got wet.

would it help if i re bind my receiver?
I don't think it will. I think @bicketybam means that there's something catching or causing an issue in turning. Maybe a rock or pebble or somehow not getting free movement with the gears either internal or external.

Disconnect the servo arm and see how freely the steering moves left to right. It should flop side to side. You have so much aluminum of the front end for all we know something is bent. I bent the hot racing hubs on my Granite and it caused binding. I went back to stock plastic. Other than the steering rack these trucks don't need aluminum.

Disconnect the servo arm and see how freely the steering moves left to right. It should flop side to side. You have so much aluminum of the front end for all we know something is bent. I bent the hot racing hubs on my Granite and it caused binding. I went back to stock plastic. Other than the steering rack these trucks don't need aluminum.
theres nothing wrong with my steering. moves more freely than the stock crap did and more stable. if i lean the car to the right they turn on their own. and the servo is sealed so i don't know how dirt would get in there. it makes alot of ticking noise. i noticed the steering wouldnt center its self about a month ago. thanks for all the input. apparently arrma built these trucks as cheep as they could. cuz thebonly thing thats stock on my rig is the axels gears and chassis. the rest is junk

I'm guessing the board in the servo is about to crap the bed. My Traxxass ones did that before they up and went out on me. Bad boards both of them.

Swap your steering plug into the throttle channel on your receiver and see if it still does the stick to the left. Remember your trigger is going to steer right and left if you do this. There's little chance multiple channels on your radio/receiver went bad at once so you'll at least have an idea if it's the servo or the receiver and can start narrowing it down.

I'm guessing the board in the servo is about to crap the bed. My Traxxass ones did that before they up and went out on me. Bad boards both of them.

Swap your steering plug into the throttle channel on your receiver and see if it still does the stick to the left. Remember your trigger is going to steer right and left if you do this. There's little chance multiple channels on your radio/receiver went bad at once so you'll at least have an idea if it's the servo or the receiver and can start narrowing it down.
good idea... I didn't think of that one. I just tore the whole thing down. all the steering is free and if i move the servo manually it don't make any crunching sounds so it's not bad gears or broken teeth and its not sticking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back