Need help with an sr6100at with avc that is new never been hooked up came with the dx5c wont bind or light up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitetrash hustler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Infraction
  3. Typhon 3s
I just recently purchased an spektrum dx5c radio with the transmitter love the radio however if wasn't for the reciever in my infraction I wouldn't be able to tell you nothing as the sr6100at reciever wont light up bind or otherwise but when you plug the esc steering and fans in the fans get power from the reciever when esc is powered on it's brand new so I'm a little confused I mounted it like your supposed to assuming it was gonna work what am I missing pls help

20211205_193346.jpg

20211205_193319.jpg

20211205_193306.jpg

I just recently purchased an spektrum dx5c radio with the transmitter love the radio however if wasn't for the reciever in my infraction I wouldn't be able to tell you nothing as the sr6100at reciever wont light up bind or otherwise but when you plug the esc steering and fans in the fans get power from the reciever when esc is powered on it's brand new so I'm a little confused I mounted it like your supposed to assuming it was gonna work what am I missing pls help

View attachment 184364

View attachment 184365

View attachment 184366
U got go to bind mode on the TX and then hit the button on the Rx the orange lines is the bind button. Hit that then hit bind on TX. You tube will help. If that doesn't make sense sorry

U got go to bind mode on the TX and then hit the button on the Rx the orange lines is the bind button. Hit that then hit bind on TX. You tube will help. If that doesn't make sense sorry
It makes absolute sense but when I do that nothing happens that reciever lights up and flashes when you press the bind button but both my channels are dead other than the fans coming on when esc is switched on and I tested the voltage as well it was three volts plus it's been hooked to three different esc a spektrum smart esc a sidewinder four and a brushed arrma all same response

It makes absolute sense but when I do that nothing happens that reciever lights up and flashes when you press the bind button but both my channels are dead other than the fans coming on when esc is switched on and I tested the voltage as well it was three volts plus it's been hooked to three different esc a spektrum smart esc a sidewinder four and a brushed arrma all same response
Dumb question u got it right port? What is it 1 for turn 2 for burn?

I had all kinds of trouble setting up that rx. Wouldnt do đź’©! And after it is working it takes up to 1min for the thing to initialize. Make sure it's laying flat no matter what side its on.

I had all kinds of trouble setting up that rx. Wouldnt do đź’©! And after it is working it takes up to 1min for the thing to initialize. Make sure it's laying flat no matter what side its on.
I agree. The one that came in my talion I turn the rig on and have wait 2 to 3 mins before I get steering and throttle.

check the manual that came with the radio - there is another step after binding to calibrate the AVC. After binding, pull full throttle and release, full brake and release, full right turn and release, full left turn and release. Then power everything down and back on.

Dumb question u got it right port? What is it 1 for turn 2 for burn?
Yea I made sure of that and even switched them just to be sure
I agree. The one that came in my talion I turn the rig on and have wait 2 to 3 mins before I get steering and throttle.
Same thing with my infraction I even tried that same reciever in that truck... but the original one lights up and binds to the radio instantly I think the reciever is bad but why would my fans come on and it not light up or do anything else I'm lost I'm calling horizon again couldn't get in touch with them last two days really frustrating
Same thing with my infraction I even tried that same reciever in that truck... but the original one lights up and binds to the radio instantly I think the reciever is bad but why would my fans come on and it not light up or do anything else I'm lost I'm calling horizon again couldn't get in touch with them last two days really frustrating

Fans will come on as soon as ESC is powered up - within the receiver, all positive and negative outputs are joined in 2 busses.
I am running SR6100AT in multiple vehicles (Spektrum ESC / motors and with Traxxas ESC / motors) and have never encountered these issues. Mine Rx bind easy and initialize within 10 seconds.
I would contact Horizon Hobby support.

Fans will come on as soon as ESC is powered up - within the receiver, all positive and negative outputs are joined in 2 busses.
I am running SR6100AT in multiple vehicles (Spektrum ESC / motors and with Traxxas ESC / motors) and have never encountered these issues. Mine Rx bind easy and initialize within 10 seconds.
I would contact Horizon Hobby support.
I'm trying to get in touch with them now

I'm trying to get in touch with them now
A lot of good advice here. I'm sure you saw this video by Spektrum on how to get it to bind and AVC calibrated. I use that rx in my rigs and the only time I had an issue like yours was a cut wire. I could not get the rx to blink or begin to flash as you noted but it would powered on. I found I had cut or snagged the center wire for the throttle connection to the ESC to the RX. Once I soldered it back, I could get the 6100 in bind mode and calibrate. This was my case, cut wire that was not visible stopped the entire process. I took the same 6100 and put in another RC and I could get it in bind mode so with that I knew the rx was ok from that point,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back