Need Help with Spektrum DX3 calibration + AVC setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanasit

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
K8S EXB roller: with Ezrun MAX5 800Kv 56113 motor. I did watch the instruction video here (
).
Spektrum DX3 with SR315.

However, after binding I can NOT calibrate which means it acts like it is bound and ready (throttle and steering work but NO AVC). To be exact, after I turned on the RX, press bind button, RX led flashed, turned on RX in bind, the RX led stopped flashing but it didn't go into calibration mode (if I then moved the throttle, the motor would turn and the steering worked too). At this ponit the throttle should be disabled and once I pull trigger to full, the led should go out and then back on. But in my case, the RX led is always solid.

Next I reset the TX and tried to bind it to the RX again to no avail.

I did start trying to bind with AVC disable by power on the RX and press 3 plus 1 time hold, so the led flashed ready to bind but I didn't go through with that which I tested to confirm that I did NOT disable the AVC.

Any thought?

Thanks,

K8S EXB roller: with Ezrun MAX5 800Kv 56113 motor. I did watch the instruction video here (
).
Spektrum DX3 with SR315.

However, after binding I can NOT calibrate which means it acts like it is bound and ready (throttle and steering work but NO AVC). To be exact, after I turned on the RX, press bind button, RX led flashed, turned on RX in bind, the RX led stopped flashing but it didn't go into calibration mode (if I then moved the throttle, the motor would turn and the steering worked too). At this ponit the throttle should be disabled and once I pull trigger to full, the led should go out and then back on. But in my case, the RX led is always solid.

Next I reset the TX and tried to bind it to the RX again to no avail.

I did start trying to bind with AVC disable by power on the RX and press 3 plus 1 time hold, so the led flashed ready to bind but I didn't go through with that which I tested to confirm that I did NOT disable the AVC.

Any thought?

Thanks,

Hi welcome!

Sorry Sir....the SR315 is not an AVC rx. Bind it and that is it, done. You can set your endpoints:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMSR315

You can get one cheap off Jenny's RC I will find a link.
Here is a link to JRC
SR6100 for $47 vs Spektrum price for the same receiver at $99. I order from JRC I do not need the radio but it's the cheapest I can get an AVC rx for Spektrum.

Other radio & rx companies it does not cost this much.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=avc

Sorry my bad! I bought the Talion EXB rtr that came with the Spektrum D3 tx/rx set and it has AVC. So when I bought the set for my K8, I assumed it has AVC.
Earlier I looked on the box as seen below, thus led me to believe so. Silly me.

Thank you

D0787762-C4DC-4D51-858C-0FE186D9723D.jpeg

35B44EAD-33FC-49CA-A788-E7FB9ACE0030.jpeg

I found the set:

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-talion-6s-exb-radio-set-system-spektrum-dx3-w-sr6100at-ara8707

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back