Need a little help with a new build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I put a new system in my Outcast EXB. A Spectrum 160 amp ESC and 1250 KV motor in it and for some reason I can’t figure out how to turn off the drag brake. At least it seems like a drag break. It pulls hard when you give it power but as soon as you get off the power, it applies the brakes.

I put a new system in my Outcast EXB. A Spectrum 160 amp ESC and 1250 KV motor in it and for some reason I can’t figure out how to turn off the drag brake. At least it seems like a drag break. It pulls hard when you give it power but as soon as you get off the power, it applies the brakes.
Google recalibrate ESC then make sure you set throttle end points. If it's still doing it then you need to go into the esc settings. But the recalibration should reset esc to default settings.

I will try to recalibrate the ESC again. I thought it could be something in my radio link radio.

I will try to recalibrate the ESC again. I thought it could be something in my radio link radio.
If that doesn’t work then it might be tx/rx. You don’t have seized up bearings do you?

I don’t believe so. It a new EXB and it rolls pretty good, but you can hear when you let off the throttle that the brakes come on.

I had to reset / update my ESC with my Laptop to fix the drag brake problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back