Need slipper hub plate help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rizzbizz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Everytime I tighten down the slipper the brass ring and underneath breaks from the slipper hub.
The second pic is how it should look. But when I put it together I back off the screw 1.5 turns and as I drive the car it just slips.

So if I tighten it down all the way the brass ring and part that the screw goes thru and the hub plate seperates...3rd pic pic shows what I mean exactly

20210915_181728.jpg

20210915_181755.jpg

20210915_182421.jpg

Don't know why it keeps breaking on you. Maybe you are tightening it too much. You're not supposed to crank it real tight then back it off. Just snug then back it off. Once you learn more on how to adjust the slipper properly, you won't have to tighten it all the way at all.

On a different note, if the first picture is how you are putting it together, it looks wrong. The thrust bearing is a 3 piece bearing. The 2 outer pieces look like small washers that are flat on one side and have a smooth groove around the other side. The 3rd piece has the bearings in it. The 2 washers with the groove sandwich the bearing piece with the smooth groove on the inside for the bearings to ride on and the flat side goes on the outside. The thrust bearing goes on the bolt first then the spring. The thrust bearing is what keeps your slipper from loosening when you run.

Don't know why it keeps breaking on you. Maybe you are tightening it too much. You're not supposed to crank it real tight then back it off. Just snug then back it off. Once you learn more on how to adjust the slipper properly, you won't have to tighten it all the way at all.

On a different note, if the first picture is how you are putting it together, it looks wrong. The thrust bearing is a 3 piece bearing. The 2 outer pieces look like small washers that are flat on one side and have a smooth groove around the other side. The 3rd piece has the bearings in it. The 2 washers with the groove sandwich the bearing piece with the smooth groove on the inside for the bearings to ride on and the flat side goes on the outside. The thrust bearing goes on the bolt first then the spring. The thrust bearing is what keeps your slipper from loosening when you run.
Awesome explantation @Kla912000 🔥

Everytime I tighten down the slipper the brass ring and underneath breaks from the slipper hub.
The second pic is how it should look. But when I put it together I back off the screw 1.5 turns and as I drive the car it just slips.

So if I tighten it down all the way the brass ring and part that the screw goes thru and the hub plate seperates...3rd pic pic shows what I mean exactly

View attachment 169276

View attachment 169277

View attachment 169280
Also, if you're putting the thrust bearing on wrong, that may be the reason you are breaking the slipper plate. Instead of the bold spinning when you tighten it up the whole spring is probably spinning also and breaking the slipper plate. Just a thought.

It's just how I took the photo. I actually know how it goes. If it's not tight it runs fine In The air. On the ground it barley moves but squeals when lose. Have you ever saw a hub plate break like this. Looks like it pulled the bottom and brass ring right off the hub plate..maybe I didn't crank it down
to much

Yea id say you crank it too much and then when you drive it and brake and reverse and all that it transfers the force to the screw instead of the slipper pad ive never seen a break like that it cant be from tighten to tight but having it to tight then driving but for sure thats donezo

Yea id say you crank it too much and then when you drive it and brake and reverse and all that it transfers the force to the screw instead of the slipper pad ive never seen a break like that it cant be from tighten to tight but having it to tight then driving but for sure thats donezo
This wasn't driven. I assume I over tightened. There's another guy who posted jan. 29th that had same issue. I will get another tomorrow and try to not tighten it so much. I didn't wanna take my typhon slipper out and compare...kinda scared it may break..lolololol

This wasn't driven. I assume I over tightened. There's another guy who posted jan. 29th that had same issue. I will get another tomorrow and try to not tighten it so much. I didn't wanna take my typhon slipper out and compare...kinda scared it may break..lolololol
Lmao yea I wouldn't either but yea take it easy muscle man lol

don't be scared get in there and pull them suckers out.. U will get the hang of it!! Neat lil trick.. Pull the driveshaft, set the rig on the ground.. stick your hex in the slipper, hold the hex tightly as u roll the rig across the floor in the forward position.. U will notice the wheels will start to lock the tighter u get the screw, now with just the trucks weight isnt enough.. U will have to gauge this part with your eyes, feeling, and the force u apply.. Push down on the rear-end with some weight, not a bunch but enough to engage the suspension and get another quarter turn or so into the screw.. Works everytime for me like a charm, takes a few times to get it down and if u stay on the loose side instead of the tight side it will always just come loose, then u can try again and go a little tighter!! This is the only way i do mine!!

don't be scared get in there and pull them suckers out.. U will get the hang of it!! Neat lil trick.. Pull the driveshaft, set the rig on the ground.. stick your hex in the slipper, hold the hex tightly as u roll the rig across the floor in the forward position.. U will notice the wheels will start to lock the tighter u get the screw, now with just the trucks weight isnt enough.. U will have to gauge this part with your eyes, feeling, and the force u apply.. Push down on the rear-end with some weight, not a bunch but enough to engage the suspension and get another quarter turn or so into the screw.. Works everytime for me like a charm, takes a few times to get it down and if u stay on the loose side instead of the tight side it will always just come loose, then u can try again and go a little tighter!! This is the only way i do mine!!
I did it like that and it held for a month or so. Then I said hmmm I want more wheelie. Let me take it out and tighten it..broke it. Went to lhs. Bought new one and it popped before I put it in. I gotta leave the gym alone..lololol. Thanks for the advice man

I am having the exact same issue. I have broken 3 of these now. I assume I am just over tightening them. Do I want the screw lose when I put it back into the vehicle and then do the rolling trick with the hex inserted into the clutch.

These 4x4 slipper issues really suck. So common. More so with Arrma 4x4 Slippers. I hate slippers. What rigs I do have here with them.
One main reason I just wont buy any 4x4 rig.
Lots of good advice above for those with a 4x4.(y)
My advice is to just give up on 4x4's altogether. Why be a slave to that slipper? Just Go 6s line.
I know that is not a fair comment for many, however. But a solution nonetheless.
Just my opinion.:whistle:

These 4x4 slipper issues really suck. So common. More so with Arrma 4x4 Slippers. I hate slippers. What rigs I do have here with them.
One main reason I just wont buy any 4x4 rig.
Lots of good advice above for those with a 4x4.(y)
My advice is to just give up on 4x4's altogether. Why be a slave to that slipper? Just Go 6s line.
I know that is not a fair comment for many, however. But a solution nonetheless.
Just my opinion.:whistle:
I have it in an Arrma Granite Mega that I converted to brushless for my son. I personally use an Talion EXB and an Xmaxx.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back