New 4s kraton - slt3/sr315 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pierre1111

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Complete rookie… just got my first truck, a kraton 4s v2 rtr - came with a slt3 and sr315 receiver. May have been too much for a first truck but I wanted something with a bunch of suspension travel

The throttle seems really touchy even with the 50% limit set. I did calibrate it. Maybe I’m just not used to it yet but it feels difficult to drive around slow, the throttle is touchy. This is with a 3s battery too.

Second - reverse has an odd behavior. In my effort to go slow im slowly moving the lever. I found when move slow enough in reverse I can go all the way to the limit and nothing happens. If I go full reverse quickly it goes back just fine but if I creep up to max reverse slow enough it will not move at all. Is that normal ?
Also - if I set the reverse throttle switch it does the same thing. The throttle lever reverses direction as it should, however reverse is the same. If I slowly creep up on it and hit the end, the motor doesn’t turn at all.

Assuming it’s not normal behaviour, I’m leaning towards a remote issue.

Last edited:
At 50% power, the reverse is not going to work very well because reverse is already at 50% power. So you end up with like 25% reverse power.

Also it’s a sensorless system, so slow speeds are not very accurate/good.

You also always have to calibrate at 100% power btw.

Thanks for the replies.

I realized I did calibrate it at 50%. Recalibrated at 100%. Also left it at 100% and it did the same thing.

I’ll have to read up on sensorless setups. This sounds like it’s normal then. Friend bought a typhoon at the same time. I’ll swap remotes and try that as well.

Thanks for the replies.

I realized I did calibrate it at 50%. Recalibrated at 100%. Also left it at 100% and it did the same thing.

I’ll have to read up on sensorless setups. This sounds like it’s normal then. Friend bought a typhoon at the same time. I’ll swap remotes and try that as well.
Read up on changing ESC settings. You can dial back the punch so that it moves from a standstill at a slower pace. If you are looking for even more then you will have to spend a little on a Transmitter that can do throttle curves and/or has a dual rate setting so you can slow it down even more... they aren't very expensive nowadays.

Back