Kraton 4s cutting out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny1202

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
I’m having a little problem with my Kraton where the power completely cuts out and I need to press the power button twice to get it to turn back on again..

This happened on my last outing, the first battery was fine, no issues then I changed location and battery, it cut out twice straight away then was fine after that.

Today the first battery was fine, changed location and battery then it repeatedly cut out, I managed to get a good 10 min blast then it was gone again.

Any help would be much appreciated 👍🏼

EDIT: When I say complete dies I mean the power light is off, fans stop spinning no steering or throttle

Last edited:
I’m having a little problem with my Kraton where the power completely cuts out and I need to press the power button twice to get it to turn back on again..

This happened on my last outing, the first battery was fine, no issues then I changed location and battery, it cut out twice straight away then was fine after that.

Today the first battery was fine, changed location and battery then it repeatedly cut out, I managed to get a good 10 min blast then it was gone again.

So it's doing it with 2 different batteries? Is the motor hot to the touch. Can you hold your hand on it for a few seconds or is it so hot you can't? Sounds like thermal shutdown.

So it's doing it with 2 different batteries? Is the motor hot to the touch. Can you hold your hand on it for a few seconds or is it so hot you can't? Sounds like thermal shutdown.
No temp wise it’s fine, it’s had a good 20minute cool down in between.

It is the same battery that it has the problem with. The battery is only a few weeks old and always gets a balance and storage charge after every use

I’ve labelled the batteries but I might be wrong in saying it’s the same one, I was going to try the suspect battery first or even in a different car next time to try and rule that out

I just finished watching a video where ChriswithaC has his Kraton doing pretty much the same thing. I wonder what this glitch could be. I also just got a Kraton 4s V2.5, but haven't had it out as yet. Still middle of winter here.

I just finished watching a video where ChriswithaC has his Kraton doing pretty much the same thing. I wonder what this glitch could be. I also just got a Kraton 4s V2.5, but haven't had it out as yet. Still middle of winter here.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I’ll have a look for his video an see if it’s the same problem I’m having. I would be surprised if it was a battery fault. I’ll keep running it for now and if it gets more consistent I guess I’ll have to see if I can get it fixed under warranty.

Thanks.

So I just had a flick through the video, his goes in to a slow mode where as mine completely dies, fans off lights out and everything.

Last edited:
I would check to see if any of the wires are frayed or loose on the esc. If not, hard reset the esc or maybe even check to see if there is a firmware update. Not sure if battery c rating could cause this issue. Could also be the power switch on the esc if it was damaged.

I would check to see if any of the wires are frayed or loose on the esc. If not, hard reset the esc or maybe even check to see if there is a firmware update. Not sure if battery c rating could cause this issue. Could also be the power switch on the esc if it was damaged.
Every thing looks fine to be honest, I could take the esc out to have a closer look over everything and I’ll find out how to reset it and try that.

The batteries are centro 7600mha 100c. I’m assuming these are pretty decent batteries but to be honest, I don’t really no much about batteries.

its so frustrating with electrical problems. all I can say is check everything is plugged in right and like said above make sure all the wires are ok. had problems in the past like this and its been a esc fault. also had receiver problems once or twice something not plugged in right and also got mine wet and it just took off :(

No temp wise it’s fine, it’s had a good 20minute cool down in between.

It is the same battery that it has the problem with. The battery is only a few weeks old and always gets a balance and storage charge after every use

I’ve labelled the batteries but I might be wrong in saying it’s the same one, I was going to try the suspect battery first or even in a different car next time to try and rule that out
Funny I have a 3s battery started acting weird as well. It is prematurely going into low voltage mode, not cutting off tho. When I turn it off and back on it's good to go, until I give it full trigger for 5 or more seconds then it happened again. It did it 2x the first 5 min, I stopped going full for a few and let it run a bit on 3\4 trigger. It never did it again and was fine till it died naturally. It was chilly outside, in the 30's so I figured it was the cold but maybe my battery is going out idk yet when it warms up a bit I will know for sure I guess.

EDIT: When I say complete dies I mean the power light is off, fans stop spinning no steering or throttle
ChriswithaC RC just posted a video on how to not only upgrade your Spektrum V2 programmer with the latest firmware, but also how to install the latest firmware into your ESC. (This may, I repeat: MAY help you in your quest to find the solution to the problems you have been experiencing) I just purchased this Spektrum V2 for $32.50 from Amazon, followed along with the tutorial, and now have the programmer, and the ESC in my Kraton 4s V2.5 uploaded with the latest firmware. I hope this helps.

20240223_191358[1].jpg

ChriswithaC RC just posted a video on how to not only upgrade your Spektrum V2 programmer with the latest firmware, but also how to install the latest firmware into your ESC. (This may, I repeat: MAY help you in your quest to find the solution to the problems you have been experiencing) I just purchased this Spektrum V2 for $32.50 from Amazon, followed along with the tutorial, and now have the programmer, and the ESC in my Kraton 4s V2.5 uploaded with the latest firmware. I hope this helps.

View attachment 350502
Cheers for the help mate, I did see the video but my problem is slightly different, I’m gonna get both trucks out this afternoon and try to determine weather it’s battery or esc.

I guess updating the esc can only be a good thing, and I could do with a cell checker anyway, so if I don’t brake any parts over the weekend I’ll get one 😎

Back