Sealed DX5C - packaged SLT3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheed85

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 3s
Well this is a first for me, and I'll preface this by saying all RC's I own are Arrmas, but felt a bit offended by what happened.

Ordered a new DX5C from Amazon. The package was factory sealed (I could tell this by the tape they use to seal the box which is tamper evident). No way to open box otherwise. Super surprised to find a SLT3 packaged inside. Easy return for me, but really shocked. This has never happened to me in my entire life from any brand of any type of product. The way the inside packaging is taped it looks like a repackage of some kind.

Just felt very odd, and if it wasn't amazon making the return so easy I'd certainly look like I'm trying to pull a fast one on the sellers.

So either the warehouse guy came up on a transmitter or is just plain stupid. Either way, they need to lose their job.

20231124_135155.jpg

20231124_135252.jpg

That's what use to be called a "brick in the box"..

When I was in retail ages ago.. There were plenty of times someone tried to return merchandise with something "else" in the packaging that wasn't the original 'correct' product.

That's what use to be called a "brick in the box"..

When I was in retail ages ago.. There were plenty of times someone tried to return merchandise with something "else" in the packaging that wasn't the original 'correct' product.
In this case it seems like it left Horizon Hobby that way. It had the "specktrum" labeled tamper evident seals unbroken. That's what has me confused.

I can see consumers doing this but not leaving the factory like so.

In this case it seems like it left Horizon Hobby that way. It had the "specktrum" labeled tamper evident seals unbroken. That's what has me confused.

I can see consumers doing this but not leaving the factory like so.

Even the factory "tamper seals" can be counterfeited.. 🤦‍♂️

Wow, that was definitely an inside job, or someone has elite counterfeiting abilities. I ordered a "Used-Like New" center diff from Amazon earlier this week. It arrived today and the spur looked VERY used. They teeth are pointy, and some of them are even deformed. Looks like the person who had it before me ran 8S power through it. I'm returning that sucker first thing tomorrow.

Over the years I’ve got a lot of great deals on new item through Amazon wharehouse

But everything I’ve bought Rc related has been either used or not even what I ordered

Last thing was a Spektrum 160/1250 combo the description said “like new in original packaging”
When I received it there was a used spektrum 150/2050 inside

I feel like this is something that is happening more frequent over the last year or 2.. seems Amazon QC in the return/restocking department is slacking.. sh*t prolly just gets tossed in a big bin, and restocked!! 🤯

Amazon fired a bunch of folks and replaced them with those automated Roomba-like pick&pack robots... So what do you expect?

Those robots with Alexa A.i. aren't that bright when it comes to random parts.

Especially when it comes to RCs.

Amazon fired a bunch of folks and replaced them with those automated Roomba-like pick&pack robots... So what do you expect?

Those robots with Alexa A.i. aren't that bright when it comes to random parts.

Especially when it comes to RCs.
My point exactly!! That's prolly the issue then!! 🤏

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back