Kraton Kraton 4s v2 shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is wrong with the stock shocks that they need to be upgraded?

Having said that I would avoid ZD Racing or any of the cheap Chinese eBay/Amazon shock kits like the plague.

These are the specs for the shocks on the current 4s V2 models.
  • Stock front shocks for the 4s V2 models are 111mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the 4s V2 models are 133mm eye to eye.

None of the Arrma shocks are the proper length for the fronts, they are either too short or too long, the closest are going to be the Notorious front shocks at 115mm eye to eye.
Rear shocks for the Notorious, Kraton, Big Rock and Fireteam are 134mm eye to eye.
The springs and oil from the 6s shocks is likely too stiff and thick for the 4s so you will probably have to change them out.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ck-crew-cab-and-vorteks-shock-upgrades.42570/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

Which 6s shocks? The v5? Exb? Looks like the part numbers are different but not sure how significant the performance difference is.
I’d go Kraton EXB v2 shocks, as they are emulsion and apparently much easier to work with! You can then put on the 4s shock springs (not quite sure if they fit but they should) and tune to your liking.

I put 6s v5 shocks on mine with the 4s springs, they work well.

I swapped the little plastic ball cup things out the bottom of the 4s shock and got them axia bushes for the tops. Perfect

Having said that I would avoid ZD Racing or any of the cheap Chinese eBay/Amazon shock kits like the plague.

These are the specs for the shocks on the current 4s V2 models.
  • Stock front shocks for the 4s V2 models are 111mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the 4s V2 models are 133mm eye to eye.

None of the Arrma shocks are the proper length for the fronts, they are either too short or too long, the closest are going to be the Notorious front shocks at 115mm eye to eye.
Rear shocks for the Notorious, Kraton, Big Rock and Fireteam are 134mm eye to eye.
The springs and oil from the 6s shocks is likely too stiff and thick for the 4s so you will probably have to change them out.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ck-crew-cab-and-vorteks-shock-upgrades.42570/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

1000% agree with everything here.

I was curious as to what ones they were using and why. I figured it was something to do with the dampening in the shock. I do not see any added benefit of a longer shock. Maybe it is because the 6S shocks have a rubber boot over the shock shaft protecting it from dirt/debris. 🤷‍♂️

I was curious as to what ones they were using and why. I figured it was something to do with the dampening in the shock. I do not see any added benefit of a longer shock. Maybe it is because the 6S shocks have a rubber boot over the shock shaft protecting it from dirt/debris. 🤷‍♂️
I broke a few 4s shocks so I tried the 6s as a potential upgrade, so far they’ve stayed in one piece.

As for ride height the 6s springs seemed to make it sit up too high so I put the 4s springs in and raised the coil over up as high as possible with out any slop.

They seem to work well to be fair. I’ll put a pic to show the ride height.

FCC08928-824D-4E73-A6F5-2D5E6826ECB8.jpeg

983FE36A-ADC9-45BF-8BB1-E1EE7E18E443.jpeg

I broke a few 4s shocks so I tried the 6s as a potential upgrade, so far they’ve stayed in one piece.

As for ride height the 6s springs seemed to make it sit up too high so I put the 4s springs in and raised the coil over up as high as possible with out any slop.

They seem to work well to be fair. I’ll put a pic to show the ride height.

What was breaking on the shock?

Before I start this I want to say that I agree with some of the other posts - this is completely unnecessary because the stock shocks are pretty good but I like to tinker with my rigs.

I went to Jenny's RC and bought a set of Kraton 6s V5 front and rear shocks. These shocks were too stiff so I replaced the springs with the ones from the stock Kraton 4s shocks. I replaced the shock oil with 40wt and adjusted the ride height. I also put on the new Kraton 6s EXB Emulsion shock caps. The rig is very plush but this was definatly overkill.

What was breaking on the shock?
The first time the plastic shock cap broke, the second time the shaft at the bottom broke.

I’m finding it strange to hear people saying this is unnecessary… I mean what is necessary in this hobby? and since when was the advice to ever replace with stock? In fact first time round I replaced with stock and they broke again and the general advice was 6s are better then 4s so 🤷🏻

The first time the plastic shock cap broke, the second time the shaft at the bottom broke.

I’m finding it strange to hear people saying this is unnecessary… I mean what is necessary in this hobby? and since when was the advice to ever replace with stock? In fact first time round I replaced with stock and they broke again and the general advice was 6s are better then 4s so 🤷🏻

What are you doing to break them? It's unnecessary because you should not be breaking the stock ones. If you notice there aren't really many threads on shock upgrades for the 4s models and there is a good reason why.

What are you doing to break them? It's unnecessary because you should not be breaking the stock ones. If you notice there aren't really many threads on shock upgrades for the 4s models and there is a good reason why.
Doing front flips over moving traffic, nothing too exciting.

If it ain’t broke your doing it wrong 😑

I haven't broken shocks yet but I feel like the suspension is too loose and bouncy. Weight transfer to the rear on takeoff is excessive (and that's even with 20M in the center diff). It wasn't as bad with the stock motor but got worse with the upgraded can (4268 and 4278 hobbywing g2). Bad on the Kraton, worse on the outcast (4s, 2.5, both). The slam on backflips and even small jumps is harsh.

Back