New battery question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim1990

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I recently got a SMC 5400mah 2s battery. The first charge was showing my Hitec charger put 4839mah back into the battery, which would be around 90% capacity. My volts were right around 3.68 (+\-0.01)after pulling the battery out of the truck. Did the battery take that much charge due to being new or should I set my low voltage alarm higher to keep battery voltage higher. I had the alarm set for 3.7. When using 3.7 with my dynamite 5000mah 2s, the cells are around 3.75 after pulling battery from the truck.

I’ve had them improve in capacity after a couple cycles. The low voltage alarm is fine at factory setting imo.

I’ve had them improve in capacity after a couple cycles. The low voltage alarm is fine at factory setting imo.
Yeah. I was wondering more about how much mah the battery took. 4839mah out of 5400mah, is roughly 90%, meaning the battery was brought below the “only use 80% of battery’s capacity”

I've noticed my SMC packs seem to hold more than they are rated for in general. I run down to 3.5V and they usually take at least what they are rated even after being used for 6 months.

I don't charge from "empty" (3.5V) to full very often. Usually from 3.5V to storage. Then if I'm lucky the next day back up to full to go bashing again. I do charge them from empty to full on my charger in my car, but I don't pay close attention to it. Just that it's charged so I can go run some more. I'll try to take notice to see how much they take the next time I go out and charge in the field from empty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back