Will China Hobby warranty this new battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not here to badmouth the company. I did however, buy two 4S 5600 race series 120 C batteries with EC5 connectors, a couple of months ago. Of which both are bad now. I only had five cycles on the first battery when it puffed. I now have about 15 cycles on the second one and it has a bad cell. These were bought specifically to run in K6S. I’ve had better luck with other companies. I don’t see a need to return these as I feel it just opens me up to criticism. (I have been charging lithium batteries, over 20 years ) I’ve bought replacement, batteries from other companies now. I only bought these because they were part of this forum and had they worked out I would’ve bought more. From what I’ve seen on this post their customer service is trying. That’s a good thing.
IDK what the warranty period is.. but the worst anyone can say is no. Worth a try I feel. Up to you of course.

No. Otherwise there be an 8s EXB Senton for sale right now. 😆
That would be an epic machine I suspect. I suppose it would be even more of a niche vehicle than what they are already making with the current 8s models though.. likely be a slow seller, IDK.

Thank you all for your replies to my OP.

CH did shoot me a PM, I'm so happy they did, and I'm working through the process with them. I have a LOT of their batteries. If I said I had 40 lipos 25 of those would be theirs. My experience has been good I do have other good brands in my mix but I tend to go CH

Does the other charger register the same voltages for that battery, or do you otherwise know the one being used in the pic measures other batteries correctly at this moment in time?
Although I stopped using the Spektrum batteries for myself, only for my grandbabies.... the S2100 has been a champ with no issues. Yes, both charges showed it low, as did the cell checker.

Wow, that's definitely a bad cell I would say. More concerning is that your charger took the rest of the cells down.. I have an S2100, but don't remember the menu exactly. Sounds like you're storage voltage is set too low. I didn't think the charger would even allow cell voltage to go so low when on a lipo profile?
Not to get into a debate about chargers, but I've been less than impressed by Spektrum's chargers myself.
Glad to see CNHL is on it!! Good support is refreshing to see in this day and age.
FWIW, I have no complaints about CNHL batteries. Better quality than the price suggests in my experience.. shh, don't tell them I said that, LOL. 🙄😉🤣
On S2100, those custom items are for their Spektrum batteries, so for other brands, it is like a normal charger, and I have to set cell, AMP, and voltage. It was set correctly for the 4S for a 1AMP charge of 6.6A for the 6600mah batteries.

I have seen the charger take cells down to bring them back up....it is the first time I have seen it take all the other cells below 3.0v to come back up. Hey, I don't control the charger, just the settings for charging 🤷‍♂️

I am a bit shocked that CNHL is on the forum responding at all. Most vendors don't.
Comments like the ones from Eno drive away vendors.

At one time we had a castle engineer on the forum and people drove him away being rude....

Yeah...John at ProModeler jumps in to speak for his servos when pointed out. Great for the PM so far. They wanted a picture of everything connected. I only took a picture of the charger last night, and this morning I took a picture of everything connected to the charger as they asked. Right now, all 4 cells are sitting at a 3.85v storage charge. Yet I told this I DO NOT TRST IT!

Thank you all for your replies to my OP.

CH did shoot me a PM, I'm so happy they did, and I'm working through the process with them. I have a LOT of their batteries. If I said I had 40 lipos 25 of those would be theirs. My experience has been good I do have other good brands in my mix but I tend to go CH

Although I stopped using the Spektrum batteries for myself, only for my grandbabies.... the S2100 has been a champ with no issues. Yes, both charges showed it low, as did the cell checker.

On S2100, those custom items are for their Spektrum batteries, so for other brands, it is like a normal charger, and I have to set cell, AMP, and voltage. It was set correctly for the 4S for a 1AMP charge of 6.6A for the 6600mah batteries.

I have seen the charger take cells down to bring them back up....it is the first time I have seen it take all the other cells below 3.0v to come back up. Hey, I don't control the charger, just the settings for charging 🤷‍♂️

Yeah...John at ProModeler jumps in to speak for his servos when pointed out. Great for the PM so far. They wanted a picture of everything connected. I only took a picture of the charger last night, and this morning I took a picture of everything connected to the charger as they asked. Right now, all 4 cells are sitting at a 3.85v storage charge. Yet I told this I DO NOT TRST IT!
Hopefully they can warranty them for you. I had some Zee batteries that went AWOL on me last summer. Several cycles through my Xmaxx without issue. Then I put them in the K8S w/5687.. fell flat on their arses, hit LVC every time I held full throttle for more than a second. IR's were all under 10ohm per cell for every cycle before the K8S, 40-50ohm per cell after.. these were 7200 120c rated. Zeee gave my money back..CNHL's after that. So far so good.
My S2100 lost a channel in month 1 of ownership. Channel two is now on the fritz less than a year in.. my brother gifted me an 8s Spektrum power pack NIB. I didn't want to hassle him about returning it.. guess what? He bought one of the 8s packs for himself too, that charger went completely dark also. Mine powers up, but won't charge at all. For the money, there are too many other choices for less, I'm done with Spektrum batteries and chargers, especially since the omitted the balance leads on the G2 stuff. Just my opinions and experience. ✌

Fam, to close my post on a good note:

@Chinahobbyline agreed to replace the battery. Thank you!!! They were very helpful, and I provided all the info they needed via email. Not all situations will work out. However, I am grateful this one did:

CH
Thank you very much for your help with the pictures. That works for us.
I just arranged to send you a new battery, you should get it in 2 weeks.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Well

I closed out on this one. I got my new battery from CH on Friday. Strange, the replacement came with cell #3 low again.

However, OP, I ran it for the first time, and it dropped well past 2v for cell #3.

I have not run this one but only:
  1. Took it out the box
  2. Put a cell checker on it
I like to keep mine at 3.85; I know 3.80 is fine. Just to get this to 3.85 new out of the box at a 1amp storage charge took it 203 minutes, about 3.5 hours, and it dragged getting cell #3 up. Sure, at 3.80v would have been faster (maybe half of that time). The point is that any battery I pull out to get back to storage charge would NOT take 3 hours, especially a new battery. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe next weekend, I can run it and see how it recovers

Not the charger I had other batteries and other brands I storage charged today only took a few minutes...but not this new one
1712999341141.png

1712999408984.png

I have a Hitec X2 charger, and on a 6s 6000mah or higher battery of any brand, it can take forever to get to storage charge. The Hitec has a two-hour time limit: it shouts off automatically when it reaches that limit. If it takes over two hours to get a battery into storage mode, I have to unplug the charger to start the clock again to finish the storage charge.

I'm looking at getting a new charger that has both a higher wattage rate for charging rate and a better discharge rate for the storage function.

I have a Hitec X2 charger, and on a 6s 6000mah or higher battery of any brand, it can take forever to get to storage charge. The Hitec has a two-hour time limit: it shouts off automatically when it reaches that limit. If it takes over two hours to get a battery into storage mode, I have to unplug the charger to start the clock again to finish the storage charge.

I'm looking at getting a new charger that has both a higher wattage rate for charging rate and a better discharge rate for the storage function.
I had that charger, but under a different brand name (there are several). Like you said it did the job, but is was slow especially when discharging. Last Black Friday deal on Aliexpress I ordered an Isdt K4. It’s a night and day difference; way faster in both (balance) charging and discharging. When looking for a new charger have a look at this one too.

I had that charger, but under a different brand name (there are several). Like you said it did the job, but is was slow especially when discharging. Last Black Friday deal on Aliexpress I ordered an Isdt K4. It’s a night and day difference; way faster in both (balance) charging and discharging. When looking for a new charger have a look at this one too.
This Imars D300 is on the top of my list.

Back