New fans arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnytoofast

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Alright everyone.
So someone on here recommend this sight for pretty cheap fans. They just got here but I'm not an electonically inclined, no. Idea how to wire them. They both have four wires b,y,r,b. I have an old 3s pk that I wanna use. Is that possible?
Thanks in advance.

20210814_153414.jpg

20210814_153451.jpg

Alright everyone.
So someone on here recommend this sight for pretty cheap fans. They just got here but I'm not an electonically inclined, no. Idea how to wire them. They both have four wires b,y,r,b. I have an old 3s pk that I wanna use. Is that possible?
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 163728

View attachment 163729
they be the ones i use , red and black as said , i run mine from a 3s lipo , did use a bec but it bust .they move a lot of air for the price

I got this one off ebay for $6 .83amps and its pretty quiet but moves alot of air. Dropped 30 degrees off esc

View attachment 163745
How do these hold up to bashing?

They are half the amps and less than half the speed of the one I posted... not a bad thing, the reduced noise is a bonus and I bet they still move enough air.

You can also use the SanAce 36, direct bolt on and no mechanical adapter needed.
They will not hold up well to jumping and odd landings or weird impacts. None of the 12V fans will, they have too much mass in the fan blade and they will break. Typically an issue if you land upside down etc.

On the Max6, I found that mounting them too close results in overheat. That large middle area is blocking airflow across the center of the ESC, just a big void.
Get some standoffs if you see that happen. Eliminates that issue.

They work great, until they break :ROFLMAO:

You can also use the SanAce 36, direct bolt on and no mechanical adapter needed.
They will not hold up well to jumping and odd landings or weird impacts. None of the 12V fans will, they have too much mass in the fan blade and they will break. Typically an issue if you land upside down etc.

On the Max6, I found that mounting them too close results in overheat. That large middle area is blocking airflow across the center of the ESC, just a big void.
Get some standoffs if you see that happen. Eliminates that issue.

They work great, until they break :ROFLMAO:
My mmx8s stock fan only lasted a few batteries and it was super light.

I just think bashing with all the impacts, dirt, grass, sticks and sometimes even water is a really tough application for these little fans in general.

I have a feeling that my quest for the holey grail of cooling fans will be lifelong.

What site you get them from

My mmx8s stock fan only lasted a few batteries and it was super light.

I just think bashing with all the impacts, dirt, grass, sticks and sometimes even water is a really tough application for these little fans in general.

I have a feeling that my quest for the holey grail of cooling fans will be lifelong.
I think if you make some stand offs ( nitro fuel line) and put them between the fan and what you mount them too might give it like shock absorber type mount. It should take some of that impact. Not entirely sure as I'm using them for a limitless and not a basher but wouldn't hurt to try. I only paid 5 bucks a piece.

They will work fine on a limitless. I went back to 35mm alu fans for my bashers. ESC overheats during summertime and it's no fun, that is my 'seasonal break'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back