Limitless New front splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
My friend was driving my limitless tonight, and ran into a pothole. I need a new front splitter (only part with structural damage). Should I buy a replacement plastic one, or a carbon fiber splitter (probably basherqueen)? What is the correct spelling of splitter (I hate red squiggles under my words)? Are there any other parts I should replace? Should I buy from JRC to get 100 parts I will never use? Since M2C took over making basherqueen parts, has the quality gotten better, worse, or stayed the same?

My friend was driving my limitless tonight, and ran into a pothole. I need a new front splitter (only part with structural damage). Should I buy a replacement plastic one, or a carbon fiber splitter (probably basherqueen)? What is the correct spelling of splitter (I hate red squiggles under my words)? Are there any other parts I should replace? Should I buy from JRC to get 100 parts I will never use? Since M2C took over making basherqueen parts, has the quality gotten better, worse, or stayed the same?
They own the machines now they just operate and run there business, carbon fiber will slowly deteriorate but is stronger than plastic

Is that better for a splitter on a limitless for bashing? Isn't it better to have a weak spot so i don't break other parts?
Yes but carbon fiber flexes at the thickness those splitters are but it will Frey overtime unlike plastic, carbon fiber will be stronger but not last forever

Yes but carbon fiber flexes at the thickness those splitters are but it will Frey overtime unlike plastic, carbon fiber will be stronger but not last forever
Plastic wears down from contact with the ground.
Anybody else with an opinion? It seems everybody wants to talk politics, and nobody wants to talk rc. Maybe it is the ungodly hour I am posting at.

Last edited:
Anybody else with an opinion? It seems everybody wants to talk politics, and nobody wants to talk rc. Maybe it is the ungodly hour I am posting at.
Plastic will where but from my experience the carbon freying is a mess but if you do end up getting it it should last at least a year or two

This is so true😂
I personally have no experience with road rcs, but I think due to the cf having some flex you’d be better off with CF for durability, if money doesn’t matter, but not better by too much. The plastic ones are so cheap tho aren’t they?

A lot of people seal the edges of carbon fiber occasionally to keep it from delaminating as it gets abraded from use.
As far as a front splitter goes, I guess it’s just up to the user. Plastic is fine, just not as sexy. Carbon looks groovy and can slice off appendages when you hit a person at speed.
So for me, it’s carbon all the way.
Dang, I almost forgot.
Vote Hillary!

So, y'all are saying that a CF splitter won't just shatter/crack one the first impact, right?
Anything’s possible, but any impact that would shatter the CF would certainly take out the plastic and probably more than just the splitter. But no guarantees from me. Your results may vary, experienced users only, void where prohibited, yada yada yada.

If it makes a difference, my splitter got scratched a lot. I drive on not very smooth/even roads.
Anything’s possible, but any impact that would shatter the CF would certainly take out the plastic and probably more than just the splitter. But no guarantees from me. Your results may vary, experienced users only, void where prohibited, yada yada yada.
Wouldn't it just transfer the impact to the chassis?

I vote plastic. That pothole or possibly a curb or something by accident and your carbon cracks real bad. I agree that the carbon looks really nice and either of them will get scratched on the bottom no matter what. The plastic will of course absorb more damage than carbon will. You can also buy sheets of plastic on amazon and make your own splitters, or carbon. Thats only really worth it if you wanted to make it your own shape

If it makes a difference, my splitter got scratched a lot. I drive on not very smooth/even roads.

Wouldn't it just transfer the impact to the chassis?
Probably more likely to rip the screws out anywhere they go into plastic.

So, y'all are saying that a CF splitter won't just shatter/crack one the first impact, right?
Correct my brother with my car hit a curb straight on. The splitter has some scratches. I use 2 part expox if any of my carbon should fray which in very rare. And super glue can be used to seal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back