Infraction New Infraction 3S BLX won't work out of the box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doolin64

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Infraction 4x4
***before you read this thread, it's 100% user error***

Just picked up my new Infraction BLX from my LHS today, got home after the 1 hour round trip. Opened it up and I'm dead int he water. Here's what's happening:
  1. Installed TX batteries,
  2. Installed a freshly charged 3s Lipo.
  3. Turned on my TX (solid green light on)
  4. Turned on my transmitter (blinking green light)
  5. Tested steering, moves right and left no problem
  6. Applied throttle, nothing.
  7. Applied reverse, nothing.
  8. Followed the instructions in the manual for throttle setup. Holding the set button then powering on does not create any flashing red light. Tried multiple times. Nothing. Just the fans work and steering.
  9. I opened up the receiver box, everything was plugged in tight.
  10. In the receiver box I flipped the throttle and steering plugs. Still nothing for throttle on the steering channel.
I'm thinking I either have a RX or ESC. Really a bummer as this machine is fresh out the box. My LHS really isn't close and they are primarily a Traxxas dealer, although they will order any all HH products. Am I missing something or is my next step contacting Arrma? Is there a direct number or do I have submit a form and wait for a call back?

Last edited:
Return it ASAP. It is DOA. You are allowed to return it per HH only if purchased from an Authorized Arrma LHS vendor. If unused within 30 days. Get a different Arrma rig. A 6s rig.
What I would do. 3s Spektrum ESC's are not all that. Pay for what you get. It is DOA new out the box. return it quick. LHS should oblige with a replacement if in stock.
Your call ultimately. And this time, make sure it runs before leaving the LHS. Why have to warranty an unsused defective RTR out the box. Needing to do all this work for something that "should be ready to run" out the box. LHS will/should return it to HH. If they are any decent LHS, they should just replace it on the spot.
If they don't, they suck as an authorized HH/Arrma distributor.
I would just get an On road 1/7 6s rig. Lim or Infraction. Cheaper to own in the long run. More bang for the buck. Again paying for what you get.
The ESC should be flashing Red once intialized. While Radio is OFF. Not flashing Green.
These are made in China, and QC is poor. Cheap labor and all. They obviously never operate/test them before boxing and shipping them.

Last edited:
I will wait to hear from HH. I'd rather fix it then return it to the LHS and wait for a new one. I've never bench tested an RC car before leaving a LHS. It's gotta be faulty transmitter or esc. I was just hoping there was another way to trick it into work. I watched a few videos of different methods for different Arrma cars, but none worked.

Last edited:
Just picked up my new Infraction BLX from my LHS today, got home after the 1 hour round trip. Opened it up and I'm dead int he water. Here's what's happening:
  1. Installed TX batteries,
  2. Installed a freshly charged 3s Lipo.
  3. Turned on my TX (solid green light on)
  4. Turned on my transmitter (blinking green light)
  5. Tested steering, moves right and left no problem
  6. Applied throttle, nothing.
  7. Applied reverse, nothing.
  8. Followed the instructions in the manual for throttle setup. Holding the set button then powering on does not create any flashing red light. Tried multiple times. Nothing. Just the fans work and steering.
  9. I opened up the receiver box, everything was plugged in tight.
  10. In the receiver box I flipped the throttle and steering plugs. Still nothing for throttle on the steering channel.
I'm thinking I either have a RX or ESC. Really a bummer as this machine is fresh out the box. My LHS really isn't close and they are primarily a Traxxas dealer, although they will order any all HH products. Am I missing something or is my next step contacting Arrma? Is there a direct number or do I have submit a form and wait for a call back?
The blinking red happens after the beeps are done
The calibration is done with the receiver not the esc. I was there got me a while to bind and calibrate everything on my felony.

Also
The blinking red happens after the beeps are done
The calibration is done with the receiver not the esc. I was there got me a while to bind and calibrate everything on my felony.
Actually u can initiate th calibration through the esc.. u hold the set button while turning on the power, then u release the set button when the red led flashes!! 😎
Also u can hold the set button for 5 seconds to do a hard reset on the esc!!

I think the problem is in the set button.

If I had the set and simultaneously press the on button it just connects to the radio and flashes green. No calibration gets initiated. If I hold hold the set button for 5+ seconds after the ESC is one, nothing initiates there either. The ESC just continues to flash green.

Basically no matter what I do, I can never get the ESC to flash red. It's just always blinking green.

I'll try to do a video and post it.

Its not suppose to be red.. if its green its ready to go through the recalibration process.. green beep means its initiated
With the tx in neutral u will then press the set button once, 1 green flash.. tx full throttle, press the set button, 2 green flashes.. tx brake, press the set button ..3 flashes then turn off the esc

Last edited:
When I watched a video it looked like it was flashing red, blinked once for neutral, twice for full throttle, 3 times for reverse. Then went green after complete. When I press the set button shouldn't I get a confirmation "beep" or flash?

Yeah something going on.
Found the issue ur trying to run 4s on the 3s 100amp esc, the esc isnt letting you do that. How i know? The balance plug has 5 wires in ur video
image.jpg

46E9E28C-8DD7-499D-8A4C-DDEE07B8C042.png

image.jpg

Spektrum can be junk but the smart portion sometimes work lol

Last edited:
Now that's embarrassing. It is one of my 4s batteries. Total brain fart on my end. 😆. That was a 4s from my XMaxx and for whatever reason...even after charging it as a 4s it didn't click. Time to go check a proper 3s battery.

Thank you for being my common sense and catching my foible!

Everyone jumping into the conclusion that the car came broken. The chances of that happening is comparable to winning the loterry. I know a lot hate spektrum electronics in here. Mine is doing fine after a year. Was acting funny under freezing weather tho. Returning and exchanging it for a more expensive truck would be the last thing i would ever do if the truck i wanted is defective electronically. These trucks have 2 year warranty on manufacturer defects. Saved My wallet a bunch of times. I know its no fun but crap can happen. Like a tire badly glued or not glued at all the wheel flew off the rim🤣 on my new notorious.

What kind of run times are yall getting woth the 3s BLX Infraction? 🤔

I am getting ridiculously little run time.
* 5-6 minutes with a new 5000mah 50c Spektrum.
* 7-8 minutes with a 9000mah 120c Zeee Premium Series.
And absolutely zero performance differences for those precious few minutes of runtime between the 2 batteries.

What kind of run times are yall getting woth the 3s BLX Infraction? 🤔

I am getting ridiculously little run time.
* 5-6 minutes with a new 5000mah 50c Spektrum.
* 7-8 minutes with a 9000mah 120c Zeee Premium Series.
And absolutely zero performance differences for those precious few minutes of runtime between the 2 batteries.
Is that the lipo your using.. looks a lil bloated, how old is it and what charger are you pushing!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back