Kraton New Kraton 2.5 4s hot motor temperature.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaGranite

Reaction score
So I ran my new Kraton 2.5 4s for the second time and I’m noticing that the motor seems to run warmer than my Outcast 2.5 4s. Anyone else noticed this or having the same issues ?

So I ran my new Kraton 2.5 4s for the second time and I’m noticing that the motor seems to run warmer than my Outcast 2.5 4s. Anyone else noticed this or having the same issues ?
My outcast got hot hot, I wound up turning the motor timing to 0. Found the bearings on the center diff were toast. I also upgraded the fans to rocket fans. What are you running in? Grass or dirt?

I thought you were running nitro in some sort of 4x4 conversion because of the title of your post. A motor is electric. An engine runs on some flavor of recycled dinosaurs. Just saying…

I thought you were running nitro in some sort of 4x4 conversion because of the title of your post. A motor is electric. An engine runs on some flavor of recycled dinosaurs. Just saying…
While I thought about saying something very similar I knew what he meant and left well enough alone 😂

While I thought about saying something very similar I knew what he meant and left well enough alone 😂
I do apologize. There are only a few pet peeves of mine that I can’t allow to rest, and that’s one of them. The worst is people who say “irregardless.” I always wish I was present when they say it so I could slap them.

Pickup a cheap temp gun and check the actual temps. Hot to the touch is pretty subjective. If you are plus 160 degrees then yes it’s running hot. I try to keep under 170. Running in grass will cause excessive heat. Change fans, gear down, or both to compensate.

Sorry to mislead on the engine and motor interpretation , I’ve had both nitro and electric throughout the years. So the “motor “ seems really hot. And I run mostly in grass.

Sorry to mislead on the engine and motor interpretation , I’ve had both nitro and electric throughout the years. So the “motor “ seems really hot. And I run mostly in grass.
Gotta have a little fun and pick around! Grass is a big drag on the powertrain, and the thicker/taller it is, the worse it is and the hotter everything is going to get. I found all this out the hard way with my outcast

Back