Kraton New Kraton 6s v5 exb. ESC UPGRADE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've run 4s in all my 6s rigs at one time or another.. fine by me. I'm no high speed guy, at least not since I sold off my sport bike. I'm more focused on the long game these days.. how ironic that as our days become fewer, we become more conservative?!🤔🤣🤣
Huge difference between running a low KV big diameter 49-56mm can on low voltage vs a more appropriate sized 36-40mm. Rotor/stator takes much more amperage to transition from low to high RPM, fine for a slow to fast speed run with light low friction/drag 100mm road wheels but lame in throttle flicking big tire/grip bashing.

The physics is just common sense guys, not rocket science.

Hey Some folks are just a tad
Tortoise Easy Going GIF by Tierpark Berlin

paced..

But we can still
Smash Pacific Rim GIF
I feal I'm a lil overpaced..everyone used to think I had like 10+ rcz..only had like 4,5 I just completely changed them all the time
Huge difference between running a low KV big diameter 49-56mm can on low voltage vs a more appropriate sized 36-40mm. Rotor/stator takes much more amperage to transition from low to high RPM, fine for a slow to fast speed run with light low friction/drag 100mm road wheels but lame in throttle flicking big tire/grip bashing.

The physics is just common sense guys, not rocket science.
1250kv on 4s would not turn high rpms...15,000rpms wouldn't stress anything but a cheap pack..reads 100s of low voltage speedrun logs an learn exactly what a esc an motor does on low voltage an you'll learn big can low voltage motors don't pull near the amps as a 40mm 2000kv motor.everyone thinks big motors take huge escz...I've ran big cans an even 1721 with mmx6s on 4s all day with tons of power an no heat ,amp draw..I'll go home an throw a setup together an do video in next couple days to prove my point...logs ,gearing,pics ,vid...I don't give bs info or false information ever
Here's a 88mph 4s log with big can with mmx6s in this car...look at rpms,amps,voltage sag...all look amazing

Screenshot_20231021_092904_GNSS PA.jpg

20231021_111859.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning,
I have two of these new trucks ordered for my son and I for Christmas. I am trying to figure out what battery I need to buy but need help understanding the dimensions listed
  • Maximum Battery Dimensions: 6.22 x 1.89 x 2.76 in / 158 x 48 x 70mm
I have found a 6S battery that meets those dimensions so that should work. My confusion is if I purchase two 3S batteries do they have to equal those dimensions or less and are the batteries stacked on top of each other or located on both sides of the car? I just want to make sure I have the correct battery when he finally gets the truck....Me too....lol.

Do most people use one 6S or 2-3S? I don't know what difference it would make so I will take everyone's advice and buy what is recommended.

Please reply with some good batteries you guys recommend that don't break the bank too bad. Please be specific with the brand, MAH and C rating because we don't really understand all that either yet. Also, I believe I have to make sure I purchase the blue connector on the battery, is that correct?

Thanks for all the help!

I feal I'm a lil overpaced..everyone used to think I had like 10+ rcz..only had like 4,5 I just completely changed them all the time

1250kv on 4s would not turn high rpms...15,000rpms wouldn't stress anything but a cheap pack..reads 100s of low voltage speedrun logs an learn exactly what a esc an motor does on low voltage an you'll learn big can low voltage motors don't pull near the amps as a 40mm 2000kv motor.everyone thinks big motors take huge escz...I've ran big cans an even 1721 with mmx6s on 4s all day with tons of power an no heat ,amp draw..I'll go home an throw a setup together an do video in next couple days to prove my point...logs ,gearing,pics ,vid...I don't give bs info or false information ever
Here's a 88mph 4s log with big can with mmx6s in this car...look at rpms,amps,voltage sag...all look amazing

View attachment 337114

View attachment 337115
Setup

Screenshot_20231215_092622_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20231215_092635_Photos.jpg

Now if you want to get into thermal dynamics, that’s something different which is part of my career. Not all applications and user tendencies are the same with RC.

Agree to disagree no problem, we all have opinions.. But as the kids say, just “f*ck around and actually find out” can be the most fun and best learning practices in life… 👍🏼

Good morning,
I have two of these new trucks ordered for my son and I for Christmas. I am trying to figure out what battery I need to buy but need help understanding the dimensions listed
I have found a 6S battery that meets those dimensions so that should work. My confusion is if I purchase two 3S batteries do they have to equal those dimensions or less and are the batteries stacked on top of each other or located on both sides of the car? I just want to make sure I have the correct battery when he finally gets the truck....Me too....lol.

Do most people use one 6S or 2-3S? I don't know what difference it would make so I will take everyone's advice and buy what is recommended.

Please reply with some good batteries you guys recommend that don't break the bank too bad. Please be specific with the brand, MAH and C rating because we don't really understand all that either yet. Also, I believe I have to make sure I purchase the blue connector on the battery, is that correct?

Thanks for all the help!
Smc hlc hard packs 6500mah or 5200mah or cnhl 70c 6000mah

Although my tp big cans are 6 pole motors,1250kv is a 4 pole motor an I have zero experience with that 4 pole motor .it may not have the torque of the tp..🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I've got the 2s ones an they are very compact...only thinner than the 3s ones..honestly I'm not 100% certain they will..maybe someone else can confirm but I buy them expecting they would fit ..research battery tray size vs these dimensions
Although my tp big cans are 6 pole motors,1250kv is a 4 pole motor an I have zero experience with that 4 pole motor .it may not have the torque of the tp..🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I've got the 2s ones an they are very compact...only thinner than the 3s ones..honestly I'm not 100% certain they will..maybe someone else can confirm but I buy them expecting they would fit ..research battery tray size vs these dimensions
Better yet smc says they will fit kraton..very strong,durable packs an worth the price imo..can't kill my hcl packs..extremely high heat an overcharged many times no issues an couple high speed crashs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215_095815_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_095815_Chrome.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20231215_100318_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_100318_Chrome.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Good morning,

Thanks for all the help!
New 6s Arrma's? Congrats!! The manual says 5000mah 50c minimum recommended I believe. Anything from there or higher will work fine for starters. The Spektrum stuff is great for new users, but you'll never really learn much. Kinda like relying on GPS to get places in life..you just never really learn.. my take anyways, LOL. As you may already know, there's plenty of more economical options than Spektrum though.
As to the 2x3s vs 6s, well, 6s is easier to live with I feel, after removing the extra plug from the esc. Having two plugs and sets of wires does work, but cumbersome I feel. I did it for years though, so manageable. It is cheaper to buy 2x3s batteries than an equivalent 6s brick. Of course then you have 2 batteries to charge vs 1. Then you have chargers to look into.. which often overwhelms beginners. Also why many just pony up for the Spektrum stuff..super easy, plug and play. There's a wealth of information on all right here in the forum, and around the net. You just have to decide what path suits you. Welcome to the forum by the way!!🍻

Better yet smc says they will fit kraton..very strong,durable packs an worth the price imo..can't kill my hcl packs..extremely high heat an overcharged many times no issues an couple high speed crashs
@Aloring3 I agree with the SMC suggestion☝️
I'd suggest reaching out to SMC directly, they are great to deal with, can set you up with high quality batteries and chargers that are better than Spektrum for less money. They even have fitment guides for batteries on their site.
Good luck!

@Aloring3 I agree with the SMC suggestion☝️
I'd suggest reaching out to SMC directly, they are great to deal with, can set you up with high quality batteries and chargers that are better than Spektrum for less money. They even have fitment guides for batteries on their site.
Good luck!
I ordered some 3s srds yesterday an talked with Danny about making me a 5s pack...he had 2 diffrent srd cell sizes to choose from...danny will reply to a email within 1hr everytime..good quility,good customer service 👍👍👍👍 very excited to push these srd packs

Screenshot_20231215_105247_Gmail.jpg

New 6s Arrma's? Congrats!! The manual says 5000mah 50c minimum recommended I believe. Anything from there or higher will work fine for starters. The Spektrum stuff is great for new users, but you'll never really learn much. Kinda like relying on GPS to get places in life..you just never really learn.. my take anyways, LOL. As you may already know, there's plenty of more economical options than Spektrum though.
As to the 2x3s vs 6s, well, 6s is easier to live with I feel, after removing the extra plug from the esc. Having two plugs and sets of wires does work, but cumbersome I feel. I did it for years though, so manageable. It is cheaper to buy 2x3s batteries than an equivalent 6s brick. Of course then you have 2 batteries to charge vs 1. Then you have chargers to look into.. which often overwhelms beginners. Also why many just pony up for the Spektrum stuff..super easy, plug and play. There's a wealth of information on all right here in the forum, and around the net. You just have to decide what path suits you. Welcome to the forum by the way!!🍻
What is a good charger that will be fast and charge both my son and my batteries at the same time?
Thanks
Ricm

What is a good charger that will be fast and charge both my son and my batteries at the same time?
Thanks
Ricm
I bought the Hota S6 from SMC. $160. Not cheap, but very capable. I like it.
Gens Imars dual is highly regarded here, about $130. Slightly less power than the S6.
ISDT K2 Air also is a solid choice around $130. Lots of options out there.. plenty of info in here too. Can make ur head spin for sure!! LOL.
The HTRC shown above is a solid choice too..really comes down to what you want to spend. If you're not sure you will be in the game long, I would stick with something under $100. But then, I have no idea what your finances will dictate. Some have it like that where dropping $250 on a charger is just a mere sneeze.. that's not me, LOL.

I bought the Hota S6 from SMC. $160. Not cheap, but very capable. I like it.
Gens Imars dual is highly regarded here, about $130. Slightly less power than the S6.
ISDT K2 Air also is a solid choice around $130. Lots of options out there.. plenty of info in here too. Can make ur head spin for sure!! LOL.
The HTRC shown above is a solid choice too..really comes down to what you want to spend. If you're not sure you will be in the game long, I would stick with something under $100. But then, I have no idea what your finances will dictate. Some have it like that where dropping $250 on a charger is just a mere sneeze.. that's not me, LOL.
I don’t see the SMC one on their site. It shows a power supply.

I don’t see the SMC one on their site. It shows a power supply.
My apologies, I didn't know SMC no longer sells chargers. I bought mine a year ago from them. I see it on amazon for $175. There available elsewhere for less, but no place I've personally bought from. Sorry.
I should mention, the Hota S6 does not come with any leads. I had forgotten about that. Shame SMC isn't selling it anymore. I got mine from them with leads and balance boards..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back