Kraton New Kraton 6s v5 exb. ESC UPGRADE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumnig66

Reaction score
So I just picked up this used 6s that is practically brand new! Already has an upgraded servo but still has the stock Esc and motor.. I have an extra 1250kv I pulled out of one of my Kraton 8s. If I got a HW Max6 to go with it would that be to much??
Snapchat-970824666.jpg
Snapchat-335130382.jpg
Snapchat-833789663.jpg
Snapchat-431839031.jpg
Snapchat-1275969516.jpg
Snapchat-1089952349.jpg

Max6 would be a great choice for that 1250kv.

Remember to gear up if you plan on running 6S.
This might sound stupid but I was thinking 4s Would be plenty enough with the max6 and 1250kv?? I mean I could pick up some 6s Batteries but honestly I have two Kraton 8s and a ton of 2s and 4s batteries 😁
What gearing would you recommend??

Last edited:
I ment 4s hahaha I don't have any 3s
If ya tell me how tall your tires are ill give ya some accurate gearing...I've had big 56mm low kv motors on 4s an it's the way to go...your adding weight with system ,but losing weight in packs....the tp big cans a 6 pole motors an have tons of torque an low rpms don't stress electronics....4s power geared correctly can be very fast an handle better cause less weight..weight adds crappy handling an more damage on crashs...plus more drivetrain abuse an stress all together
If ya tell me how tall your tires are ill give ya some accurate gearing...I've had big 56mm low kv motors on 4s an it's the way to go...your adding weight with system ,but losing weight in packs....the tp big cans a 6 pole motors an have tons of torque an low rpms don't stress electronics....4s power geared correctly can be very fast an handle better cause less weight..weight adds crappy handling an more damage on crashs...plus more drivetrain abuse an stress all together
I'd guess tires are 6.8in tall if so something like this on 4s will get ya 55-60mph...gotta now ttc of your motor mount..30tp+ 40ts=70 ttc. (Total Tooth Count)most 25×25 motor plates are like 60-85ttc..gotta stay in between there for gears to fit..

Screenshot_20231215_060609.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to spin a low kv/big can with efficiency and performance designed for 30Volts with 12-16V is going to be extremely lackluster. Use the proper voltage and motor for the application or join the speed crowd who just does stuff to say they did it. It’ll take much longer to get that motor up to bashing rpm with decent size monster truck tires and the supporting lithium polymer packs won’t last long in play time. Even if they’re quality packs the life of them will be quick because of extreme amp draw demands not having optimal ESC/Motor/Voltage proportions.

Playing devils advocate here, but it’s your experience…

Last edited:
I can see it working pretty well on 6s geared appropriately, 4s, IDK. I have the same motor laying around, has maybe 2 runs on it. Replaced it with a Firma 1100kv 5687. Wondering if it's really worth buying a hundred dollar mount to drop the 4985 in my Xmaxx. I mean the Vilenion is basically the same specs as the Firma so, IDK. Otherwise, not sure what I'll do with it..
My vote is 6s for that. Buy a cheap pair of 3s to try it. Cheaper to buy 2x3s than a 6s brick I find. If it works well, maybe buy a couple better 6s bricks to use? Then you have a reason to pick up a 3s rig.. to use those 3s packs!!😉🤣🍻

You definitely need to run 6s with that motor. Running 4s on a 6s rig is like using half your D#$& for F%$#ing. 😂🤣🤪! Yo can use a 4s and 2s to get 6s too

Hey now..
What are you implying!
I use 3S with my 6S Kraton..

It still gets the job done. 👊
Figure Skating Party GIF by Team USA

I'm not disagreeing with what @K-BASH is saying. If he's done it successfully, I believe it's likely a good option.
The Firma 4985 1250kv is kind of an in between sized motor..between 1/8 and 1/5 scale. So not really working that hard in a 1/8 rig but a bit over worked in a 1/5 scale. I know, Arrma's 8s are really a 1/6 scale. But, basically, the 6s Arrma's are half the weight of the 8s models out of the box. Which also explains why Arrma 8s rigs are typically underwhelming in stock form.. too much heft for the 4985 motor, some even feel the 5687 is too slow.
In a 6s rig, that 4985 is plenty, perhaps too much. Depends on what one likes. So, 4985 on 4s? Gotta believe what K-Bash is saying, can fill the bill in some setups.
@Sumnig66 you already have everything to try 4s, maybe need to pickup the gears but otherwise, why not try it? If it's not enough on 4, give her 6s. The gearing from 4 to 6s won't be a huge change, maybe a few teeth different. I'd try it.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with what @K-BASH is saying. If he's done it successfully, I believe it's likely a good option.
The Firma 4985 1250kv is kind of an in between sized motor..between 1/8 and 1/5 scale. So not really working that hard in a 1/8 rig but a bit over worked in a 1/5 scale. I know, Arrma's 8s are really a 1/6 scale. But, basically, the 6s Arrma's are half the weight of the 8s models out of the box. Which also explains why Arrma 8s rigs are typically underwhelming in stock form.. too much heft for the 4985 motor, some even feel the 5687 is too slow.
In a 6s rig, that 4985 is plenty, perhaps too much. Depends on what one likes. So, 4985 on 4s? Gotta believe what K-Bash is saying, can fill the bill.
When people say they have tried everything off road an alot on road everyone including myself thinks there full of bs😂😆🤣😆😂I seriously honestly tried the most ridiculous shiot my 1st three years of park bashing..36mmm,40mm,56mm.stock escz max8,max6 an every esc castle ever made.until one really pushing a ride on 4s noone really knows what's capable. I've destroyed almost every off road tire ever made,belted,laced ,don't matter..I had the very 1st kraton/mojave on big holesshots.heres my 1st thread on this forum.lol
Thread 'MONSTER MOJAVE' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/monster-mojave.25445/
Noone in this conversation has ever tried 4s in a kraton geared correctly,but everyone knows what it'll do🤣😆😂😆🤣I've made over 10hp with 1 4s pack

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back