Outcast New little brother for my Outcast...NEED HELP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Basher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys. I know this is not a direct Outcast question but I need some help.

Just received my Outcast’s new little brother, the small HPI Savage XS Vaughn Gittin Jr. Edition. Was excited to drive her today but I can’t figure out what it’s doing. I’m not an RC expert by any means but not a total noob, so I need some help.

I bound the radio and calibrated the ESC like the manual said. It took a few tries to get the ESC calibrated so reverse would work. I always seemed to have good steering control while on my pit stand. After finally getting the throttle working in forward and reverse, I headed outside for a test drive.

Made sure steering was working before hitting the throttle, then the steering appeared to go out. Had to power off and on to get the steering to work again. After turning the steering a few times, the steering begins to lose power and then seems to quits altogether.

I rebound, recalibrated, same result. Thinking I may have a bad radio or receiver, I swapped the receiver to one of my Spektrum receivers and DX6R, does the same thing.

I’m thinking now maybe a bad Servo, but the throttle was glitching some too with no finger on the trigger while moving the steering dial when the steering stops responding.

Thoughts or ideas before going through the hassle of trying to return/exchange? Nobody seems to have these in stock. Even the site I got it from now says out of stock.

Here’s the weird thing...I decided to rebind and recalibrate one more time after dinner. It’s dark out, so just driving it around the downstairs at low throttle.

If I drive it, the throttle and steering seem to work fine. If I come to a stop and move the steering left and right a few times, it eventually stops responding and the receiver light goes of. If I wait a second or two, and then turn the steering, the throttle glitches very slightly.

If I start to drive again with throttle the steering seems to work fine.

Any thoughts? Can you not or should not operate the steering at standstill? If so, why the glitche from the throttle while turning the steering dial? Have never experienced anything like this before with any of my trucks or cars.

A bad servo can cause all sorts of issues like this. If it was me I would swap out the servo for one that you know works then go from there.

Thanks for the inputs. I swapped it out with high torque Savox Servo that will eventually go in my Outcast. Seems to have solved the issue. I have a cheaper Traxxas Servo on order that will go into the Savage.

Either the Servo is bad or there is just not enough power sitting still with the stock Servo.

Take the Stock Outcast servo and put it in the Savage and upgrade the Outcast servo now. I use the Stock Kraton servo in my 1/10 buggy. It kicks A$$ in a small car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back