Typhon Need some help with racing tires for my 6s Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Army_Vet_Rc_Addict

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
Ok so I got an Arrma Typhon 6s Im wanting to run at a hard packed dirt track but the tires i have are bashing tires so im looking for good racing tires for a hard packed outdoor dirt track can anyone give me some recommendations im just getting into the racing scene for buggies so any help would be awesome thanks in advance

20231027_200533.jpg

I have these on my Typhon 6s BLX.

1/8 Badlands MX M2 F/R Buggy Tires Mounted 17mm Black Mach 10 (2)​

Item No.
Pro-Line Racing - PRO906721

I have these on my Typhon 6s BLX.

1/8 Badlands MX M2 F/R Buggy Tires Mounted 17mm Black Mach 10 (2)​

Item No.
Pro-Line Racing - PRO906721
Yea those are not racing tires those are bashing tires and ive got olenty of those lol

Yea those are not racing tires those are bashing tires and ive got olenty of those lol
I race on a dirt track with these. Best bet would be to do what was previously stated and call the track then. Our track is a privately owned so we are aware of the track conditions at any given time. Best of luck.

I race on a dirt track with these. Best bet would be to do what was previously stated and call the track then. Our track is a privately owned so we are aware of the track conditions at any given time. Best of luck.
The track i go to is well maintained and packed hard dirt with very little dust

Depends on temp for compound, but any micro pin will suffice to get you going. My indoor runs them slick, not really going to matter competing against actual racers with more capable buggies. If you want our shock and diff/alignment setups, I'll shoot you my paypal.

Depends on temp for compound, but any micro pin will suffice to get you going. My indoor runs them slick, not really going to matter competing against actual racers with more capable buggies. If you want our shock and diff/alignment setups, I'll shoot you my paypal.
Im just getting into racing tryin to get some practices in for a while before i go the comp route i have a Team Associated Rc8.2e that i ran in the video i posted earlier but its discontinued and hard to find parts for im looking into a TLR Typhon or another Team Associated kit once i get more comfortable and a little better on the track
Ours too is hard packed, probably a bit more dust than yours though the RC tends to drift through turns

Ours too is hard packed, probably a bit more dust than yours though the RC tends to drift through turns.
Yea from my experience at the track i go to there isnt much drifting thri turns lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back