New Pro-line buggy tires..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MX28s have held up well after venting them. Prior to that, I was flying them every run on 3S or 4S.

Wow, I like those! But, if they didn’t change the tire/wheel interface by adding a lip or more surface area I would guess they would have the same issues as we have seen with the dish wheels. That said, I still absolutely love mine!

PL pre mounts seem to be very well glued. Mine have withstood 70+ with no issues.

It’s not so much the glue job as it is the bead with these. The tire is pretty firm-ish with a tall side wall so every time you land with your wheels turned and the sidewall rolls it tends to break the bead. Oh, and the lugs on mine have started to rip off. Same row of lugs on all 4 tires....

Where are you @Mongoose ..!! I need some backup..???

I received my warranty set from PL last week and they look to be the same construction. Man, if they could get the bead and glue issues worked out these tires would amazing.

Have you given yours another chance?

I wish PL would do these tires with a bead lock wheel of some sort. Would be great I think.

That’s exactly what’s needed. I’m going to look around McMaster at some point and see if I can find a rubber washer or something of the sort that is big enough to span the wheel and tire faces together and I’ll glue it on hoping to hold the tire to the wheel essentially cover the bead completely up.

Wow, I like those! But, if they didn’t change the tire/wheel interface by adding a lip or more surface area I would guess they would have the same issues as we have seen with the dish wheels. That said, I still absolutely love mine!

It’s not so much the glue job as it is the bead with these. The tire is pretty firm-ish with a tall side wall so every time you land with your wheels turned and the sidewall rolls it tends to break the bead. Oh, and the lugs on mine have started to rip off. Same row of lugs on all 4 tires....

I received my warranty set from PL last week and they look to be the same construction. Man, if they could get the bead and glue issues worked out these tires would amazing.

Have you given yours another chance?

Dish or any wheel for that matter and gluing yourself is always going to be stronger. Don't know if any of you do this but a great way to almost insure 100% the tire doesn't come unglued is this: Wire wheel on a dremmel, scuff up the surface in the bead on the rim. Clean the lip of the tire with simple green, go over the tire bead with the wire wheel, then clean it all off with rubbing alcohol. Now you have surface bite for the CA.. Ran it this way for 3 years racing, never had any blowouts..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back