Small buggy - what's the way to go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Keep coming back to the thought that a tiny buggy would be fun. Smaller than 1/10. More like half the size of an Arrma Tyhon. 4-wheel drive would be nice. Short term availabilty of spare parts is a must.

What models are out there?

The associated reflex would be a nice buggy, as well as the Losi Mini B 2.0 brushless. You could also buy the Mini B 2.0 roller and make your own little monster

Lc Racing EMB-1 is an awesome little buggy, it comes as a rtr with pre painted or clear body, artr with pre painted or clear body or as a kit.

https://casterracingmi.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=173

I prefer the truggy to the buggy though.

Reflex is also a decent little buggy.

As a side note the Lc Racing EMB-1 is the car that Wltoys and Rlaarlo copied to make their cars. The Lc Racing cars are world's better.

Last edited:
Thanks for the infos. Some of them I had never seen. Kind of also like truggies. It's just at one time I had an mini E-Revo truggy. Could have bought a soccer ball just as well. That car rolled over in just about any corner with stock tires. Needed lots of upgrades and was probably the most expensive car I ever had in relation to what you really get. But it kind of raced quite OK on pavement. Here my son a few years back who showed the somewhat embarrassed grownups how to drive. (Good luck trying to keep up with a Mario-Cart 8 kid :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

Wins no beautiy contest. Sold both.

20200507_221515.jpg

So the idea with the buggy is the hope that it handles better with a lower center of gravity.

Last edited:
The Lc Racing stuff is very well planted they were designed for racing.

Also too note the 1/14 scale buggy's cannot run in grass very well if at all, the monster truck or truggy do better.

LC Racing, or Reflex as has been stated.. Be prepared to throw some loot at the Associated though.. It needs a few modifications immediately.. A second bearing for the diff, Hobbywing ESC, aluminum shock bodies, 1/10 Touring Car wheels shimmed, and Schumacher mini-pins, servo and horn, etc.. The LC I believe is the higher quality ride (and price reflects that) but the Associated drives better by far (and price goes up exponentially with the much needed upgrades).

LC Racing, or Reflex as has been stated.. Be prepared to throw some loot at the Associated though.. It needs a few modifications immediately.. A second bearing for the diff, Hobbywing ESC, aluminum shock bodies, 1/10 Touring Car wheels shimmed, and Schumacher mini-pins, servo and horn, etc.. The LC I believe is the higher quality ride (and price reflects that) but the Associated drives better by far (and price goes up exponentially with the much needed upgrades).

All the complaints I've seen about the Reflex are that the stock esc and radio need to go, the Reflex uses the same steering servo as the EMB-1 I wish they came stock with the metal geared one but at least it's only like $20. The EMB-1 also needs the second bearing on the slipper shaft, there are provisions for 2 bearings but they only put in one for some reason. 🤷

I haven't really seen much for upgrade parts for the Reflex aside from the Factory Team parts. Lc Racing has almost everything available from the aftermarket (most of it is cheap bling crap though). The official Lc Racing upgrade parts are good though.

All the complaints I've seen about the Reflex are that the stock esc and radio need to go, the Reflex uses the same steering servo as the EMB-1 I wish they came stock with the metal geared one but at least it's only like $20. The EMB-1 also needs the second bearing on the slipper shaft, there are provisions for 2 bearings but they only put in one for some reason. 🤷

I haven't really seen much for upgrade parts for the Reflex aside from the Factory Team parts. Lc Racing has almost everything available from the aftermarket (most of it is cheap bling crap though). The official Lc Racing upgrade parts are good though.
Yepper. As far as the Reflex-the factory team stuff gets it capable imo. Then a Hitec servo, billet horn, and the HW esc. And of course TC wheels and Schumacher mini’s.. also the stock motor is plenty, but DESPERATELY needs a decent fan... I tend to forget the radio, as it’s a given that whatever I get will end up with a Futaba Rx, lol.. a bottle of FT 25wt for the shocks, and pull the rear springs out a bit to give them some adjustability at the collar. I don’t go crazy with much else, but am partial to ti-turnbuckles. Aluminum hubs, and carbon towers LOOK sick af, but hurt the buggy.. plastic hubs, and aluminum towers are the way to go.

Back