Felony New Servo Time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
I am looking for recomendation on a good priced digital servo I can replace the stock one with?

I am looking for recomendation on a good priced digital servo I can replace the stock one with?
I do not have a model recommendation.... I put a new servo in my Infraction 6S. You can get pricy if you like with those rigs, but if drifting, sliding, or bashing, you do not need much wheel turn with that kind of power. However, nothing was better than the stock servo.

I can increase the power of my upgraded ESC, but I found that 6v is more than enough. You do not need fast left/right steering if you are doing the same. You just need a good servo that will hold.

Good luck with a find!

I tried to install a 35g servo in my Arrma Felony and it was a female dog to fit in the holder. Then I noticed the tray for the esc, and servo would not fit flush against the chassi! Any suggestions? Smart asses need not respond. If you got something helpful to share, then don't bother responding.

I tried to install a 35g servo in my Arrma Felony and it was a female dog to fit in the holder. Then I noticed the tray for the esc, and servo would not fit flush against the chassi! Any suggestions? Smart asses need not respond. If you got something helpful to share, then don't bother responding.
What brand of 35kg servo did you try to get into your Felony? I have a Sincecam 35kg coreless servo from Amazon in my Infraction 6s. It was a bear to get into the servo mount, but once I got it in, I had no issues with it mounting and working correctly.

I am a smart ass, but with that said my response isn't. I would remove the esc and servo as a whole. Takes a few minutes and will show the cause as to why it isn't sitting flat. The screw that hold the front of the servo corner down can back out. You can install the servo on the piece you took and then reinstall.

The stock ADS servo is pretty good for these on-road bashers, but I recently replaced mine with a AGFRC 32kg servo and it definitely made it more responsive, esp with high tacky tires like the GRPs.

What brand of 35kg servo did you try to get into your Felony? I have a Sincecam 35kg coreless servo from Amazon in my Infraction 6s. It was a bear to get into the servo mount, but once I got it in, I had no issues with it mounting and working correctly.
It is a FeeTech/Core Motor 35g Servo. All metal gear dig. I got into the stock servo mount, but I noticed that the mount plate for Esc, and servo would not set flush against the chassi. So I took out the servo and it is longer than the stock servo. Common sense tells me that because of the obvious. So I took a couple of the thick plastic washers that are used between the hubs and lower control arms. That fixed the space created between the mount plate and chassi. But the steering pinched and the servo would not move. I also replaced the plastic/metal steering with a all aluminum setup from Integy! I am new to the hobbi and dove in the water to quick. I have a few projects that I am trying to get ready for nice weather. Don't have any hobby shops near me. The closes one is two and a half hours away. So I am trying to figure this hobby out through Vids and reading. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Have a good one!

Is it just enough taller that the little link from the servo arm over to the bellcrank is now at a angle & causing a bind? May can add metal washers w longer screws to get it flatter? I'm guessing

I am a smart ass, but with that said my response isn't. I would remove the esc and servo as a whole. Takes a few minutes and will show the cause as to why it isn't sitting flat. The screw that hold the front of the servo corner down can back out. You can install the servo on the piece you took and then reinstall.
The servo is a FeeTek/Core motor/35g metal gear digital servo. The servo finallly went in, and two of the thick shims that are used between the back hubs, and lower control arms took care of the space that was created between the servo corner and the chassi. Once I got it back together I fired up everything and it seemed to work! So I then picked up my Felonie to move it and the steering went left and the steering locked up. I figured this happened because of the difference in the length of the servos, and because of the angle the servo is setting at! I am new to the Hobbie and got to many projects. My plan is to start out in the speed running aspect of the Hobbie! Then maybe into drag racing! My plan is to use my Felonie and Infraction. My speeds won't be super fast, but that is all good, Baby Steps. Definitely do not want to destroy expensive rig on first run! My biggest concern is my analog servo going to the left or right all the sudden at 80mph! From what I have seen those stock servos in these rigs like to do that at times! I was thinking about just getting a 15kg metal gear servo off Ebay or Amazon.

Back