Big Rock new shock oil weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turfRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Just got my new pro-line shocks for my big rock. what weight oil is recommended?

Thanks

There is no true recommended weight. These are upgrade shocks and 30W may be a start. The stock oil for the stock shocks may not necessarily be what you want. Different brand shocks are Trial and error to determine where you want to be. We all drive different and have different expectations of our rigs.
Start somewhere with a 30w for instance and decide from there. Only you can determine what works best for you and your rig.
Do you have the the new PL Arrma 4x4 PowerStroke shocks? Which sizes did you get for the BR? There are different front and rear lengths. PL doesn't specify them for the BR per se.
If needed, PL has optional springs sets available. But no optional Piston sizes, FWIW.
:cool:

another question please. how much oil do i put in these new pro-line shocks? fill to top?

another question please. how much oil do i put in these new pro-line shocks? fill to top?

I do not have yours...I have the Typhon 6S for my Big Rock and Granite and the eBay Big Bore. Based on videos I have watched... the way I fill is:

1. Once I have a clean piston
2. Pull it all the way down...then up just a tiny bit
3. Fill it just right below the top
4. Push the piston up slow since there are small holes inside that let the fluid pass as the piston moves
5. I then pull it back down slow
6. I do this about 3x
7. When I end the piston is pulled down like #2
8. I top off if needed and let it sit until all air bubbles are gone

When I put the top back on and if (in some cases) if there is a bladder in the cap some will come out when tightening it down....just clean and wipe it off. Yes, fill the cap.

Lots of good vids on it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back