Outcast Outcast 4S V2 shock oil weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMA-driver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m rebuilding the front shock on my V2 4S outcast (awesome car) and cannot find shock oil spec anywhere. Any suggestions are welcomed. I’m guessing it’s somewhere around 50 weight. Kraton runs 80 but is slot heavier so I’m assuming a lighter weight. Thanks!

Not in the manual?????
I will guess OC and Kraton are same. Because they usually are with the 4x4 line.
I would say 50w.

edit.

Just checked the manual. No shock info at all.:(
The 4x4 line has very poor manuals. Always did. Not Cool at all, considering the new V2 4s 4x4x price point of $469.00 now.:rolleyes: Ouch!
UNLIKE the 6s line manuals, that are much more comprehensive with shock filling instructions and specific Oil used.

There used to be a Giga Site section of the Arrma-rc.com that had 4x4 shock info. I could not find it there just now, since HH changed their site around.

I'm sure others may have better accurate info on the V2 4s shocks??:unsure:

>>>You could always call HH and they will know or direct you to that info. or even on their Support site perhaps, wherever that is?? I could not find it....
Good luck.
:cool:

Last edited:
I know amazing, they also didn’t have any specifications for diff oil etc. The only technical details they provide about car set up are really how to adjust a slipper pad. The Kraton shock oil weight is definitely too thick; I tried it and it feels much slower than the other stock shock.

I used a 50/50 mix of 50 and 60wt TLR oil(so approx 55wt), mainly because thats all I had lol... and for me, its just right... slowed down the compression and rebound just enough and still handles good.. Im thinking the stock oil was somewhere around 30-40wt, but thats just a guess based on how it felt stock vs how it feels now

Not sure how accurate it is but JennysRC list them with 500cst

4FF80888-D810-40F8-A89C-9D6190FCF926.jpeg

I’m rebuilding the front shock on my V2 4S outcast (awesome car) and cannot find shock oil spec anywhere. Any suggestions are welcomed. I’m guessing it’s somewhere around 50 weight. Kraton runs 80 but is slot heavier so I’m assuming a lighter weight. Thanks!
Both front and rear shocks are 550cst oil from the factory. Diffs are 10,000cst

https://www.arrma-rc.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-arrma-us-Site/en/Product-Showcase?pid=ARA4410V2
Look under detailed specs.

Hope this helps!

Both front and rear shocks are 550cst oil from the factory. Diffs are 10,000cst

https://www.arrma-rc.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-arrma-us-Site/en/Product-Showcase?pid=ARA4410V2
Look under detailed specs.

Hope this helps!
So roughly a 42wt shock oil and 40k diff.. I think 47-55 is good for the shocks, depending on how/where you drive.. and I went 60k f/30k r on the diffs, I think I might pull them back out and go 50f/50r, not sure yet, need a little more seat time first

Stock is 40wt oil in 4s V2 Kraton and Outcast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back