Kraton Newbie shock question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWSD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 4s
Have a new 4S V2.5 I’m going through all the fluids on. I’m topping off my first shock and don't see a diaphragm that sits on top. I’ve looked in the cap. I think I’ve watched/found all the how to videos, and all show using the diaphragm to push out the remaining air and excess oil. So my question is, how do you get all the air out of these shocks if no diaphragm is the design?

Last edited:
Have you checked online?

The new V2.5 shocks do not include bladders but they're emulsion shocks. Typically (mostly) if you see a rubber gasket on the shock cap, then they're emulsion shocks, meaning they're designed to have air mixed in with the oil.

Just fill the shock oil to the top of the shock and just close it.

Have you checked online?

The new V2.5 shocks do not include bladders but they're emulsion shocks. Typically (mostly) if you see a rubber gasket on the shock cap, then they're emulsion shocks, meaning they're designed to have air mixed in with the oil.

Just fill the shock oil to the top of the shock and just close it.
Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info on being emulsion shocks.

The shocks for the 1/10 platform a bit different than your typical shock. Leave the top cap on don't even mess with it. These shocks are rebuilt and filled from the bottom.

This is for the Granite but the same concept applies.

The shocks for the 1/10 platform a bit different than your typical shock. Leave the top cap on don't even mess with it. These shocks are rebuilt and filled from the bottom.

This is for the Granite but the same concept applies.

I saw that video, but the aluminum big bore shocks that come on the Kraton 4S V2.5 don’t screw off on the bottom like the ones in the video do by pushing the rod end into it. Looks like it takes a specially keyed tool or technique I’m not aware of.

Either way, I got them filled from the top. I just over filled them, pushed the piston all the way in and slowly turned the cap on to bleed out the excess air and oil. Works good enough for me.

Last edited:
I saw that video, but the aluminum big bore shocks that come on the Kraton 4S V2.5 don’t screw off on the bottom like the ones in the video do by pushing the rod end into it. Looks like it takes a specially keyed tool or technique I’m not aware of.

Either way, I got them filled from the top. I just over filled them, pushed the piston all the way in and slowly turned the cap on to bleed out the excess air and oil. Works good enough for me.
I had the same issue where the rod end doesn't fit bottom cap. I had to 3d print a rod end to open the bottom cap. That was also a kraton 4s v2.5

So a dumb question... Do you fill these up like they are in the video link and not from the shock cap?

So a dumb question... Do you fill these up like they are in the video link and not from the shock cap?
The plastic shocks on the 3s and 4s v1 doesn't have a shock cap, so yes that's the only way. The new version 4s shocks with aluminium bodys have a cap on top and can be filled from the top.

Back