Kraton New to RC and wanting to build a basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divermatt

Reaction score
never really seriously gotten into arc but I want a basher and know I’m going to upgrade it. Should I buy a roller off of eBay or just get a rtr to start? I’m looking at the Kraton 6s blx v5 Found a roller for just under 200

never really seriously gotten into arc but I want a basher and know I’m going to upgrade it. Should I buy a roller off of eBay or just get a rtr to start? I’m looking at the Kraton 6s blx v5 Found a roller for just under 200

How's its condition?

Great platform for what you are looking to do but I would seriously consider an m2c chassis or a bash bar. Another option that is super durable and cheap to fix is the new 4s kraton v2. Its almost the same size and just about as fast. Much more durable with less upgrades.

I would like to try and build something that way it’s more likely I stick with the hobby since I will have to put effort into it before I just go play
Get a kraton exb. a castle mmx8s and 1650kv combo. M2c essentials kit

what’s the best place to buy parts and stuff? Thanks for all the info
Horizon hobby. A main hobbies. Local hobby shop. M2c really only sells off their site

what’s the best place to buy parts and stuff? Thanks for all the info

For OEM stock parts Cheap, there's no better place than JennysRC.com it's the best source.

Pictures make it looks pretty new looking
Skid plate isn’t torn up at all some red anodizing rubbed off but nothing terrible

When buying pre-owned..
Just do your due diligence.. there are sellers who use older photos that shows their vehicles in "was" better condition than what is currently.

So you should ask to make sure the photos shown are of CURRENT condition.
Just a heads up.

You can do a search for > dumpster fire
to see how good it can be...

Last edited:
How much experience do you have? Budget? How hard are you going to bash? If I was somewhat new to the hobby I would get an RTR and see if the RC bug sticks and learn more about wrenching. Upgrade as you go. If you are comfortable wrenching and plan on staying in the hobby I would get the roller and make it how I want it from the start. This generally costs more upfront but worth it in the long run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back