Mojave Looking for a new basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRAZY-RC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Which one would I be better off with based on my off-road trail in pics below. My track is pretty decent size and lanes are the width of a bobcat bucket. Anyway my list are the Mojave 6s, New Mojave 4s, Senton, or Typhon? Which would be my best buy for my terrain type below
20231207_125819.jpg
20231204_141100.jpg
20231204_141039.jpg
20231204_141000.jpg

10 scale sanctioned is 8’ minimum lane width, 1/8 is 10’.

Mine is 12’ for reference.

10 scale sanctioned is 8’ minimum lane width, 1/8 is 10’.

Mine is 12’ for reference.

Yeah this trail is probably in the 6-8ft range. No way i have the room to just keep the hammer down especially in the turns. That's why I'm wondering about the new 4s Mojave due to it being smaller. I'm just not liking the reviews that's coming out on it right now. I have a Tekno 1/8 scale desert buggy and I have a 1/10th MT. Was just wanting to add one more to my Arsenal. I've been thinking about selling the Desert buggy and just getting 2 of something's to replace it.

Also a couple of the Straights on this trail are pretty long in the 40ft range. 6 turns 2 wide ones and 4 more tighter ones. 4 jumps and one row of woops. The rest I just offroad type stuff, Small roots, Twigs, Small rocks ect... It just winds through the trees.

@332_rc @Dan B. Y'all don't think the 6s would be too big a truck for my area? I know the 4s is little Smaller but I'm not liking the reviews on it too good.

Also I have 4s batteries, can the Mojave 6s run on 4s batteries?

@332_rc @Dan B. Y'all don't think the 6s would be too big a truck for my area? I know the 4s is little Smaller but I'm not liking the reviews on it too good.

Absolutely, the Mojave 6s runs great on 4s. And you still have the much more robust architecture of the 6s truck. Win/win!
I built a track in my woods pretty much exactly like yours, width of a Bobcat bucket. Too narrow to race more than two trucks, but pretty fun.
And in case it hasn’t occurred to you yet, DON‘T HIT THE TREES! 😂

The 4S Mojave is actually as long as a kraton 6S wheelbase, so shorter than a typhon/Senton 6S.

If grip isn’t high(clay) you’ll have plenty of room with 8’ to swing either option around turns. A 6S Mojave will require a bit of tuning but will be most fun/stable on long straights.

My far outside “Talledega” route uses a full acre and is absolute chaos with multiple 1/7 scale rigs.

984BB67E-4E80-4CF6-AD7E-226241EB219E.jpeg

The new 4s Mojave is got some sauce. I just watched a video this morning it on a rc track w jumps & it was dominant. Both Mojave 4&6 are really great rigs. My local hobby shop had one out for display while back & it looks impressive as the 6s. Yes 6s rigs can run on 4s. Do it all the time. I run my 3s on that & 2s. All modular

The 4S Mojave is actually as long as a kraton 6S wheelbase, so shorter than a typhon/Senton 6S.

If grip isn’t high(clay) you’ll have plenty of room with 8’ to swing either option around turns. A 6S Mojave will require a bit of tuning but will be most fun/stable on long straights.

My far outside “Talledega” route uses a full acre and is absolute chaos with multiple 1/7 scale rigs.

View attachment 336086
I don't have clay, This dirt is more of that ole dark rich loose stuff. Basically compost dirt from all the rotted leaves and such. It really turned out good to be honest once it was cleared for the track. No where near an acre! If I stand right in the middle I can turn and see the whole track but I think I am going to get some drain pipe to mark some areas though, but that stuff is expensive!
The new 4s Mojave is got some sauce. I just watched a video this morning it on a rc track w jumps & it was dominant. Both Mojave 4&6 are really great rigs. My local hobby shop had one out for display while back & it looks impressive as the 6s. Yes 6s rigs can run on 4s. Do it all the time. I run my 3s on that & 2s. All modular
So you run your 6s on 3s as well? I agree I love love the 4s Mojave but I've just seen some bad reviews on the chassis and the body. But it's 130 bucks cheaper. That 130 would buy a nice 100ft roll of drain pipe for my track. But did have enough old logs from couple trees I used to border the track with. But some areas are still hard to see

No I haven't run my 6s Notorious on 3s but I have run it on 6s & 4s. I've run my 3s Infraction on 3s & 2s both. I also have 2s only rcs is why I have all that. I think the plastic chassis stuff gets a bad rap but I've got two Arrma plastic chassis rcs. Infraction & Senton. I haven't had too much fun w the Senton, issues w esc & axles. Some of that was user error. Lol. I wish I'd got the 4s Mojave but it wasn't out then. I wanted a short course style truck. I already had the bashers & a race buggy. I know everything I read ppl love thier 4s stuff, Kraton & Outcast

@332_rc Yeah I think I'm really leaning toward that new 4s Mojave. My hpi MT is 2s/3s and I also have a TRX4 crawler. My Tekno 1/8th DB is 4s/6s but I'm seriously thinking about selling it as a slider and using the Max8 combo I put in it for the Mojave if I need too.

The 4s Mojave I saw a the hobby store looked awesome. It was a great looking size. Big but not too big. It's wide too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back