Typhon Next Arrma to add...???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a track to run on, or a bashing area that is track-like (smooth dirt with jumps) they typhon is a blast. In grass and rough ground / construction lot bashing, it will leave you wanting. If you don't believe me, look at how many Typhons get wide mod + 2.8MT tires. With that extra $120 spent, you have a great basher.

Senton - SCTs tend to be love or hate. I love the way they look when they are hauling a$$ over semi-rough ground - the whole desert racer thing... But, they don't jump worth a darn, and with smaller tires than a 1/8 buggy, they have the same issue in grass and rougher ground. I have 3 SCT's, and the only one that gets run anymore is the one with 2.8MT tires and a VW Bug body (keeps junk out of the chassis)

BRCC could be a good vote, if you like your Granite. I have a Kraton and a Outcast. They have a lot in common, but they also drive different enough that I am glad to have both. BBRC & Granite should be the same. If you like the Granite, the BBRC will be a 'mini-Kraton" version of your Granite - smoother driving and jumping, not quite as wheelie happy, but still similar speed, toughness, and bash-ability. Only negative I hear on the BBRC is lots of people don't like the stock tires, so you may want to swap them for some Granite tires (I also like the Duratrax Lockups, and they come on a 14mm rim).

Also, Outcast/Nito - if you like your Kraton more than your Granite due to the size, maybe get a O6S/N6S. Everything you love about your K6S, but in a more nimble, somewhat hyper package...
Thanks for all the info. I love my kraton but unfortunately too big. I’m thinking BRCC but leaning more towards a typhon just to change it up. And I’m assuming 6s over 3s? Same size I believe..
Hw big is your yard and is it flat or is it around the woods?
I have 1/2 acre half flat DG n rock. Then I have cement areas. But I do jumps in my back n I have huge parks w grass or parking lots to do speed runs and just more space

Thanks for all the info. I love my kraton but unfortunately too big. I’m thinking BRCC but leaning more towards a typhon just to change it up. And I’m assuming 6s over 3s? Same size I believe..

I have 1/2 acre half flat DG n rock. Then I have cement areas. But I do jumps in my back n I have huge parks w grass or parking lots to do speed runs and just more space
crawler, desert runner ( rock racer, or

Crawler (scx10 Gen 3 if possible but Gen 2 has more scaled parts rn or trx4) desert runner (losi ten) or rock bouncer (axial ryft)

I just bought a senton...it's an all around car! I also have a BRCC and a typhon though so...typhons are awesome though...I'm going kraton next!

Like everyone sends it depends on what kind of driving you're doing.

I'd go with whatever fits your preferred driving style 🤙💪

BBRC > Typhon (unless, Track). If you get the Typhon, good odds are you will add MT tires, and then you will have a BBRC with a Typhon body.

Ad for T3S or T6s, I always vote T6s. But - then you will have another car as fast as your Kraton, and it could start to feed 'too big' for your yard (running on 4s will help with this, but you will want to bump the pinion to a 16t-18t if you plan on staying 4s)

The Typhon is definitely a bada$$ rig! I like to that a tire change and it's an awesome street basher also. Senton/Mojave SCT is the only platform I don't have so can't give any feedback or experience on those but here's my collection 😍 Granite, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s, Limitless and the Tamiya TT01 MustangView attachment 140215
How’s the Mustang?

How’s the Mustang?
I don't drive it hardly as I live in the country lol but it is awesome. I made it brushless so it's a little rocket👍 really fun to drift around the house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back