Senton Looking for my next RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalNoob

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I started off with the ARRMA Senton Mega 4x4. I very quickly realized that I should’ve went bigger.. since then I’ve upgraded it to the blx system and now I’ve stripped my rear diff.. I’m learning that I should’ve just picked the 3S brushless system to begin with so that way it would’ve came with metal diff gears and a metal slipper gear.. so my question is that now that I have learned from my mistakes, I’m looking for my next RC and trying to determine which direction to start in. Durability is is key but I enjoy wrenching as well, if she’s getting old wrenching after every two runs.
Also, there’s no carpet tracks or anything of the like around me, so most of my applications would be outdoors in grass, dirt/sand, rocks/creeks, and we have one dirt track. Are there other good brands to consider? I’m still really new to all this, any advice helps!

I started with a Typhon 3s, and absolutely love it. Once I experienced the 6s and up lineup there was no going back. If your budget permits of course : )

That being said I do plan on getting a Gorgon, just because I have nothing like it to this date. My first recommedation would be a Kraton, as it would move through taller grass easier than a Typhon. The Typhon will handle much sharper and go a bit faster, The Kraton if you will be doing more jumps and off-roading. If you like the truck style and going flat out, go for a Mojave.

The 6s lineup is the sweet spot for me. I didn't have good luck with my Arrma 3s, broke something almost every outing and sold it on ebay after 3 months. Bought a Typhon 6s and couldn't believe how much more solid it is for a little more money. Keep an eye on Horizon's holiday sales, the 6s Typhon is $419 through tomorrow and they will put something else on sale within a few days of the current sale ending with black Friday coming soon. The 4s rigs seem to be a lot like the 3s rigs but built a lot better, only downside is the pricing is not far away from the 6s rigs. Kraton is a good all purpose choice especially if you'll be in grass a fair amount.

The 6s lineup is the sweet spot for me. I didn't have good luck with my Arrma 3s, broke something almost every outing and sold it on ebay after 3 months. Bought a Typhon 6s and couldn't believe how much more solid it is for a little more money. Keep an eye on Horizon's holiday sales, the 6s Typhon is $419 through tomorrow and they will put something else on sale within a few days of the current sale ending with black Friday coming soon. The 4s rigs seem to be a lot like the 3s rigs but built a lot better, only downside is the pricing is not far away from the 6s rigs. Kraton is a good all purpose choice especially if you'll be in grass a fair amount.

I try to stay away from the grass if possible haha.. so far I stick mostly to my driveway and my country road which is very pea gravel-y. The videos of the 6s Mojave are really pleasing, I love love the realism about it, I think if I went for something other than a truck the typhon seems a more my style. I appreciate the advice!

I try to stay away from the grass if possible haha.. so far I stick mostly to my driveway and my country road which is very pea gravel-y. The videos of the 6s Mojave are really pleasing, I love love the realism about it, I think if I went for something other than a truck the typhon seems a more my style. I appreciate the advice!
The mojave very quickly became one of my favorite rigs to run
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Im in the begining of your learning process.
I have the mega.
Anyways id say mojave looks really great.
But you could always get the bit of parts you beed and stay. Cuz in the long long run you be buying parts for everything.
I really like the 10th size.
I cant imagine $500 truck atm.

My vote is upgrade your blx a bit and balance your wheels cuz i did and its amazing. (The later)
Hope you have a blast
-john

I’m in a similar situation with my granite. I upgraded to brushless and now it breaks every time I take it out. I’m asking Santa for the Keaton 6S lol….I hope he delivers. Otherwise, another trip to the LHS.

Im in the begining of your learning process.
I have the mega.
Anyways id say mojave looks really great.
But you could always get the bit of parts you beed and stay. Cuz in the long long run you be buying parts for everything.
I really like the 10th size.
I cant imagine $500 truck atm.

My vote is upgrade your blx a bit and balance your wheels cuz i did and its amazing. (The later)
Hope you have a blast
-john
I’m going to spend probably $150 getting the metal differentials and such, then I’ll have to upgrade my servo and steering arms(mine are extremely wobbly). I plan on fixing it either way, but I’ve been wanting to get another rig. My only issue is that with the similarity of the two, and with the Mahaffie being so much faster that I just would be disinterested in the Senton? Maybe I should just upgrade the Senton and look for a buggy? Also interested in some crawlers, but I have no idea where to start with those.
now it breaks every time I take it out
Yeah I just want a rig I can run more than twice without tearing it up hahaha

I’m going to spend probably $150 getting the metal differentials and such, then I’ll have to upgrade my servo and steering arms(mine are extremely wobbly). I plan on fixing it either way, but I’ve been wanting to get another rig. My only issue is that with the similarity of the two, and with the Mahaffie being so much faster that I just would be disinterested in the Senton? Maybe I should just upgrade the Senton and look for a buggy? Also interested in some crawlers, but I have no idea where to start with those.

Yeah I just want a rig I can run more than twice without tearing it up hahaha
Well where you drive might dictate it.
For me i made a 1/10 track. Not 1/8
Turns are tight even for 1/10. So a 1/8 could not shine.

If you drive in a big open area maybe it would shadow the senton.
If you want a crawler a small 6x6 wpl b16 you can get for 50 bucks as a kit.
I have one useinga voltage converter its running off bosch 12v 6000mah battery down to 8v
NEVER dies.

As far as getting one to not shadow the senton. Maybe try getting one in a different category.

Hope you Have a blast!

I love my Arrma rigs, but big bashers are gonna break, that's just part of it. I think out of all my RCs, my Losi min-b or Jxr2 get used those most. I think smaller, lighter cars are just more durable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back