Kraton Nice little surprise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
Recently got some parts 3D printed for my big rock. Company I used had a minimum order of £40 so I ended up printing a few extra spares of the same part.

I’m a big believer in wedging the gaps between motor and chassis so opted for a motor wedge.

171889D1-5CA6-4242-8785-126B83DC1908.jpeg

Now I had a few spares that I thought would go to waste, would be pretty hard to break that piece IMO.

Had a brainwave to see if it fits any of my other rigs and I was surprised I could see some potential with my 6s. Kraton EXB, even though it’s got a different motor

This is my setup for my Kraton EXB
937CBB38-42AF-4C63-AA2B-4942A0CCAC0F.jpeg

As you can see the motor wedge fits pretty good, albeit with a slight kink in the middle where it ever so slightly lifts off the chassis, but corner of motor wedge is firmly planted on the chassis meaning it’s still installed correctly and will stop motor moving on big sends.
F97CDAB6-568F-4156-85D6-5203A957972E.jpeg

Glued the wedge to the motor using some contact adhesive so it ain’t going anywhere soon, only slight concern is the glue may not hold up to motor temps but will keep an eye on it. Can always re-glue with temp resistant glue if need be

Last edited:
Can you make that piece aluminum? That would probably let some of the motor heat disperse into the chassis.
Well I certainly don’t have the skills to do it - wish I did!

Could certainly look at getting a company to create one bespoke - but imagine it would be pricey.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back