Infraction No Music Edit - Outside the Danger Zone (w/additional footage)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice run, glad you are enjoying on-road now :)
Have you adjusted diff fluids yet? Thicker in the rear would help the drift stay more consistent.
I haven't touched any of the fluids yet. What would you recommend for the rear?

Great vids as usual. Keep em coming. :) BTW I always look for paved cement myself. Glass shards usually are to blame for tire chunking from my experience.
You have me motivated now to get to my Velodrone track with the Kraton later. Not sure if I should mount the cam on it or wear it on my hat. I lost one cam already. Usually have both. I should start editing and show off also.:LOL: Call me lazy....
(y)

I haven't touched any of the fluids yet. What would you recommend for the rear?
I have not done drifting with RC cars, but I have with 1:1 cars in the early-mid 2000's.
AWD is rare in 1:1 drifting. My cars were always RWD (3 different Nissan 240sx and a Lexus SC300)

Drift cars use locked differentials. 100% locked, but I would think 500k up to 1mill fluid would get you close enough.

As uncharted territory for me I cannot say for certain what would work best, but here are my thoughts...
The center differential tends to over drive the front wheels. Under throttle mid-drift the front wheels will begin to pull the car out of the drift. You may want to start with doing 500k in the center diff and go from there to see how it responds. This should keep more of the power on the rear wheels and thus hold the drift a little longer.

If you change all 3 at once you wont know which diff fluid change made an improvement.
I'd probably go in this order (center, rear, then front)

The alternative to all of this would be to put a spool on the center and pull the front center dogbone to make it full time RWD. This would reduce the tire wear allowing you to rotate tires, but overall braking and performance would go way down. Braking with just the back 2 tires is scary at high speeds!

-Liberty

Liked the video @bicketybam . I actually prefer that there was no music so we could hear your commentary clearly as well as the Infraction (skidding/motor etc). ;)
I know people prefer no music but every now and then I like to get artsy ? I'm glad you enjoyed it ???
I have not done drifting with RC cars, but I have with 1:1 cars in the early-mid 2000's.
AWD is rare in 1:1 drifting. My cars were always RWD (3 different Nissan 240sx and a Lexus SC300)

Drift cars use locked differentials. 100% locked, but I would think 500k up to 1mill fluid would get you close enough.

As uncharted territory for me I cannot say for certain what would work best, but here are my thoughts...
The center differential tends to over drive the front wheels. Under throttle mid-drift the front wheels will begin to pull the car out of the drift. You may want to start with doing 500k in the center diff and go from there to see how it responds. This should keep more of the power on the rear wheels and thus hold the drift a little longer.

If you change all 3 at once you wont know which diff fluid change made an improvement.
I'd probably go in this order (center, rear, then front)

The alternative to all of this would be to put a spool on the center and pull the front center dogbone to make it full time RWD. This would reduce the tire wear allowing you to rotate tires, but overall braking and performance would go way down. Braking with just the back 2 tires is scary at high speeds!

-Liberty

Well right now I'm all stock so 10/100/10. I do have 500k as well as a million so maybe I'll start with 500k in the center as per your suggestion. Thank you!

Great vid. It's always nice to change things up here and there. It's your creation. I know it's time consuming doing edits.
10 million all way around ?
Hoonigan has some bottles for sale.
Get a limitless spool. You won't have to buy it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back