Outcast Not happy with slow AF stock servo..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDawg

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Typhon Mega
Looking for something stronger/quicker.
What options are any of you guys running? Curios

Primal RC 1373 1/5 scale servo. Many go with these.....The stocker is a lame undersized 1/6 servo. You need a True 1/5 scale servo. You are not alone.
Will need to use the Arrma Optional Rx box kit which allows for this larger servo. I think this is already included with the EXB roller kits. But not with the RTR kits as in your case.
Good luck.
:cool:

Primal RC 1373 servo. Many go with these.....The stocker is a lame undersized 1/6 servo. You need a True 1/5 scale servo. You are not alone.
Will need to use the Arrma Optional Rx box kit which allows for this larger servo. I think this is included with the EXB roller kits. Not with the RTR kits. FWIW.
Good luck.
:cool:
Thanks Steve, I have the combo box for the bigger servo already :) Just can't deal with stock servo...drives me nuts. LOL

Heck, it weighs like 30 pounds. You need a 1/5 servo in there at a minimum. I don't know why Arrma skimped on this.

No doubt :( Seems like several things are skimped on.
Fun nonetheless :)

Yeah, I don't get why they deleted the Sway bars on this 1/5 expensive rig. Some will say that Basher rigs don't need sway bars. I disagree. Even Every 1/8 scale Arrma rig has them installed out the box. I bet the bean counters said they were already over budget. Same with the servo. Same with No Droop screws??? That was stupid.:rolleyes: Greedy of HH if you ask me. They ommited things that they figured many might not notice.:( All to save 3 nickels with their bottom end.

I'm pretty happy with PDI-HV2070MG in 2 of my Kratons. Put HD servo saver springs in and add an extra shim (find one at a local hardware store).

Last edited:
I still run the stock servo, its not that fast but it works good. There are threads on this forum that have found old documentation that the servo used to be rated to 8.4v. I believe the new publications state 7.4v. Regardless, if you go to full BEC voltage of 8.4v I guess it really wakes the stock servo up.

How long it would last? You could tell us :ROFLMAO:

All the Digital Servos I bumped up in BEC lasted fine, except for a Stocker Analogue servo Arrma was using years back. It cooked.
Just watch temps initially. The volts may create more heat than acceptable. If the servo does run hot, then you know the Volts are too high. Bump it back down. Some servos won't necessarily gain much more torque by bumping up the BEC volts, just will be slightly quicker.
Govern yourself accordingly.:cool:

I have 4mm sway bars for Outcast 8s.
Not mounted yet.
Should I get some 5's?
I find that in general, you use thinner Sway bars at the rear end compared to the front. A good place to start,
Good to have both sizes, because it is trial and error to dial them in best.
Some even elect to not use any at the rear. One at the front can usually do the trick. But this is a track level decision for technical driving. With bashing in the wide open, 2 Sway Bars usually work best. Thinner bar at the rear.
There a technique to adjusting sway bars. They are not really just pop them in and forget. They can be tweaked so sway control is exactly the same from Left to Right. There are videos in regards.

EDITED...

Last edited:
I find that in general, you use thinner Sway bars at the rear end compared to the front. A good place to start,
Good to have both sizes, because it is trial and error to dial them in best.
Some even elect to not use any at the rear. One at the front can usually will do the trick. But this is a track level decision for technical driving. With bashing in the wide open, 2 Sway Bars usually work best. Thinner bar at the rear.
I have both 4 and 5 now.
I'll start with suggestions and see what breaks...err...happens. lol

I def should look into a replacement. I just hate how they turn so wide. Is there a how to on adjusting steering endpoints for the 8s outcast? I think my outcast was the only one that I couldn't figure out. My setup is all stock and even with the steering trim turned up it's horrible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back