Notorious Notorious: best front and rear bumper options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
How good is the stock front bumper on the Notorious? I'm assuming the Outcast EXB bumper is an upgrade, but if the stock holds up pretty good I'll wait until I break it to replace it with an EXB bumper. Also see the RPM bumper looks like it might be a good option so would consider that also.

Also, whats the best rear bumper option. I'll be ditching the wing because I prefer the truck look over the trucky look for the swb stunt trucks, lol. I might make a custom bumper out of thick kydex, but curious if others have used an option that will hold up to sending it.

I have a Notorious with a 320573 Super Basher bumper & a 3d printed spring. Much better than stock. I ended up tearing the stock one up & stripped off on one side thru the screws during bashing. The super bumper goes all way underneath & acts as a chassis skid too. So far it's took a beating & does great!
On the rear I put a ARA320625 steel skid plate bumper/ skid. It's tough. I bashed thru the stock rear pin plate, it's plastic. I added a aluminum rear/rear one w the steel skid plate & fixed that. The steel skid covers the pin plate too.

How good is the stock front bumper on the Notorious? I'm assuming the Outcast EXB bumper is an upgrade, but if the stock holds up pretty good I'll wait until I break it to replace it with an EXB bumper. Also see the RPM bumper looks like it might be a good option so would consider that also.

Also, whats the best rear bumper option. I'll be ditching the wing because I prefer the truck look over the trucky look for the swb stunt trucks, lol. I might make a custom bumper out of thick kydex, but curious if others have used an option that will hold up to sending it.

The stock bumper is okay it usually breaks the tabs where it is bolted between the chassis and the bulkhead. The EXB bumper is substantially better. The stock EXB bumper spring is the weak point. I replaced mine with a 3DRC bumper spring and it's been on the Outcast for quite a while now.

As far as rear bumpers go not much available, you can run the RPM bumper on the rear it just doesn't flow very well with the square rear of the vehicle and there are a few Chinese tbone knock off bumpers on AliExpress. If you are ditching the wing and wing mount quality aftermarket shock towers are a must. The rear shock tower is basically protected by the wing and wing mount and without it you will start to bend it.

Coming from an Outcast EXB, I recommend the following:
  • EXB Front Bumper/Skid Plate
  • 3D-RC Front Bumper Spring (the stock one breaks)
  • RPM Rear Wing Mount (not the HD one as that one caused more problems)
  • Mojave 6S Rear Bumper/Skid Plate
IMG_0287.jpeg

Avoid the RPM HD wing mount at all costs

View attachment 335846

What issues did you have with the Rpm HD wing mount?
100% pos bumper (renamed phase1rc.com, now ships worldwide)
Tank of a bumper. View attachment 335865
View attachment 335863View attachment 335864

He's finally shipping to the US now?

Welcome to Phase1RC
CNC Bashingparts made in Germany
Bumper and more
We ship worldwide with DHL.

Apparently so now. Hopefully shipping costs aren't too much. That front bumper I posted is like a 1:1 car bumper. 🤣.

It's similar designs and materials to what T-Bone racing used. But from what I remember hearing the material POS uses is much better.

View attachment 335846
I'm looking to do a similar setup and looking for links.
Did you use the Kraton EXB Front Bumper/Skid Plate? I'm on the Notorious BLX v5: https://rpmrcproducts.com/shop/bumpers/front-bumpers/kraton-6s-front-bumper/
Mojave Skid Guard: https://rcbombshells.com/product/arrma-mojave-6s-blx-skid-plates-2/

Back