Notorious shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911MedicA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Typhon 6s
Alright folks, I could use some advice. I'm building a v2 notorious into a tank. Not really, but full m2c chassis and a ton aluminum upgrades. Does anyone have experience with aftermarket shocks? I'm looking for something that a) doesn't leak b) is tougher and c) possibly a bit bigger. Price doesn't really matter at this point, I'm just looking for the best setup I can find.

I don't have any experience with anything other than stock but I've been looking at sets from gpm and dollarhobbyz. Anyone using either of those or have any other suggestions?

Just try and get 7075 grade aluminium,gpm are a bit of a lottery sometimes they're good other times utter garbage, monkey metal grade aluminium.

I got these on my Kraton 6s, and just bought a back up set. https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Perfo...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649. These shocks are the bomb. The problem is filling them. No bleeder hole nor diaphragm. They have to be filled just right or they are junk. Once filled correctly the rear shocks were so firm I used the stock springs and it now it is perfect match with front. Once you successfully fill these shocks and mount your vehicle will drive like a sports car on grass.

Tekno shocks are probably the best if you’re willing to pay a lot for them

What’s wrong with Arrma 6S shocks? They are guaranteed better than anything GPM sells. ??‍♂️

What’s wrong with Arrma 6S shocks? They are guaranteed better than anything GPM sells. ??‍♂️
+1 on this quote?. The latest generation of Arrma shocks use a 4mm shaft. Only thing I've had to do is buy, is rebuild kits for the small plastic collar that keeps the shafts straight. Otherwise, very good shocks for the money, especially if you score them off Jennys Rc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back