Kraton Nuts, nuts, nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Anyone know of any wheel nuts that have the same thread as the standard Arrma 6s but are flanged to take up the extra space of a 24mm wheel? If that makes any sense at all.

Not sure I follow you.:unsure:
Same thread meaning the finer pitch of the threads?
Larger Flange to capture a 1/5 wheel at the hubs hole?

Not sure I follow you.:unsure:
Same thread meaning the finer pitch of the threads?
Larger Flange to capture a 1/5 wheel at the hubs hole?

Bingo!

Something like this, but instead of the goofy Traxxas threads, the typical Arrma threads, which I think (you probably know, correct me if I’m wrong) is m12x1.0

https://www.ebay.com/p/1056998764

The Arrma/Tekno hex threads are a finer pitch than Traxxass 17mm nuts. Trx threads are Courser, FWIW.
And the HR wheel nut listing you linked is for a Traxxas however. Also the Traxxass nuts are deeper. Don't quote me. Research this better. I don't own any Traxxas rigs.

The Arrma/Tekno hex threads are a finer pitch than Traxxass 17mm nuts. Trx threads are Courser, FWIW.
And the HR wheel nut listing you linked is for a Traxxas however. Also the Traxxass nuts are deeper. Don't quote me. Research this better. I don't own any Traxxas rigs.

Right, the Traxxas nut I posted was for reference, I need something similar but with the Arrma/Tekno threads. For some silly reason when m2c made their wide kit for the X-Maxx/XRT they threaded them the Arrma/Tekno pitch, rather than the Traxxas pitch. So if a person wants to go from stock Xmaxx wheels to say Outcast backflips they either need a wheel nut like I’m looking for, or spend more money and get their 24mm hub conversion and swap hubs every time you want to go back to the Traxxas wheels. I’m probably in the minority here, but I really like my stock x-Maxx wheels, and think the XRT wheels show promise, but I like having lots of wheel options.

Probably more of a Traxxas group request, but A) I am looking for kind of an Arrma product when the threading is the same and B) the Arrmaforum seems to be much more technical/knowledgeable than most of the Traxxas groups I’ve seen.

To explain my thought process of why I posted this in the 6s section, I figured surely someone has put the larger 8s wheels with some hub adapters onto one of their 6s rigs and ran into this problem, so I figured here would be the best place to be.

Hopefully someone with more experience in regards can help. :cool:

Edit.

The HR Armma specific nuts are shallower than the the Trx ones FWIW. Probably won't capture the wheels for a snug fit. Bottoming out before full engagement. I am not 100% sure however. Something to consider though.

Last edited:
Here is some pictures to help explain my issue a little better

A0F42836-5E7F-4DB1-9FA2-75706523D643.jpeg

E4AA1F6D-DE96-42BB-BBE5-C31C8D1E3B78.jpeg

Hopefully someone with more experience in regards can help. :cool:

Edit.

The HR Armma specific nuts are shallower than the the Trx ones FWIW. Probably won't capture the wheels for a snug fit. Bottoming out before full engagement. I am not 100% sure however. Something to consider though.

I think you are correct, definitely not opposed to open ended wheel nuts though.

Probably more of a Traxxas group request, but A) I am looking for kind of an Arrma product when the threading is the same and B) the Arrmaforum seems to be much more technical/knowledgeable than most of the Traxxas groups I’ve seen.

Yup, I'd love to find an active & helpful forum like this, for Traxxas! As I wait for my Traxxas to arrive. I would feel kinda bad asking Traxxas-specific questions here, but I have not yet found a "generic" or Traxxas-specific forum that's on a similar level to this one. But if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!

This site has been a great find.

Those may well be my best solution. Or Just Bash It have a set that may work as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back