Kraton Screw it! Ahhh nuts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's enough parts on an rc that aren't susceptible to stress. I put stainless on the body, receiver cap, fans, diff covers, etc.

That's what I have started doing as well but any screw that sees thread lock or is in a high stress area stays 12.9.

All 12.9/10.9 grade small fasteners come from the same handful of suppliers and are about the same quality, so it doesn't really matter who/where you buy them from. JRC takeoff kits are the easiest to get most of what you need for a car, though as mentioned they're incomplete. ProtekRC bags of 10 for ~$2 from Amain are a decent option if you need specific sizes. Many industrial suppliers sell them too.

Definitely avoid stainless for high stress applications or in areas where extracting a stripped screw will be difficult. Despite what some dim people will tell you, they're not suitable.

All 12.9/10.9 grade small fasteners come from the same handful of suppliers and are about the same quality, so it doesn't really matter who/where you buy them from. JRC takeoff kits are the easiest to get most of what you need for a car, though as mentioned they're incomplete. ProtekRC bags of 10 for ~$2 from Amain are a decent option if you need specific sizes. Many industrial suppliers sell them too.

Definitely avoid stainless for high stress applications or in areas where extracting a stripped screw will be difficult. Despite what some dim people will tell you, they're not suitable.
YFS is the most common supplier of screws. That is who Monster Bolts uses as their supplier. I like to buy from them because a lot of their M3 screws are 8-10 cents each if you buy the 50 pack.

One thing I have noticed is when you get into some of the longer sized screws some tend to be specific to rc cars and are only available from rc car manufacturers.

My several snapped chassis brace screws and wing mounts screws would tend to agree with you on this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back