One cell dropped to 2.92v (!?) after bashing. What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, this is what happens internally when you drop below 3.2V. The longer the worse it gets and we are talking seconds or minutes.. It never fixes itself and will only get worse.
If possible, set your ESC to 3.4 - 3.6V cut-off or stop earlier, else it will get expensive fast.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anatomy-of-a-dead-lipo.47738/

@jkflow Interesting, thanks for the link!
My ESC is back to default (3.5v). LVC was not a problem though, as another identical battery is absolutely fine, i.e. cells are discharging equally. To me, it was just a bad battery, sadly.

So far CHNL promised to send a replacement. I'll be discharging the problematic one to zero and taking it to a recycling center or whoever accepts them here (need to find out).

If you discharge to zero, as per above, you can simply throw them in the trash, no harm, no foul. Recycling center will do the same but you will safe a trip.

CNHL sent a replacement battery. In my book, that's a proper solution to the problem. Thumbs up to them.

That’s how top businesses who promote good customer relationships operate.

Zeee and the other knockoff budget Amazon Lipo distributors require pictures of your order/charger resistance&voltage with all label-serial numbers visible/selfie with your driver’s license, birth cert, and passport all together before they even acknowledge a single day warranty.

@Garcbomber I agree. That's a perfect example of a great post-sale service.
I did send them a cell checker/battery photo, so they can verify it's really their battery I am connecting the cell checker to. A fair requirement. Kept the birth cert pics to myself 🤪

Last edited:
Back