Kraton Only took 5 mins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanC1332

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave
IMG_8118.jpeg
IMG_8120.jpeg

Well that’s a bummer just got it took it out today and must of got a Friday diff cup lol

This happened to my Kraton 6S EXB v1 as well from a relatively "not too bad" front landing.

It was one of those "really...?" because the hit doesn't seem bad, but it was bad enough to bend the driveshaft and snap the output drive like yours.

This happened to my Kraton 6S EXB v1 as well from a relatively "not too bad" front landing.

It was one of those "really...?" because the hit doesn't seem bad, but it was bad enough to bend the driveshaft and snap the output drive like yours.
Luckily the drive shaft is ok but yeah it wasn’t a bad landing and I had the same reaction

Luckily the drive shaft is ok but yeah it wasn’t a bad landing and I had the same reaction
The only fix for this is to upgrade your output cups with M2C (they're pretty much indestructible). I have them on my Outcast 6S EXB with Treal aluminum bulkheads and M2C driveshafts...it's incredibly robust when I'm bashing at the skate park.

Shock needs a limiter or reposition the upper mount on the tower. You basically over compressed the shock where it forced the dogbone to pry open the cup/split being pinched between the arm.

If it was a droop issue, you wouldn't have massive evidence on the arm molding for cup clearance. Edit- thought about this more, potentially it could start digging in if you kept trying to power through with the dogbone partially escaped or pinched.

Last edited:
Your Shock droop was probably never addressed out the box.
Like @Garcbomber stated above. You have too much control arm deflection.
Shock limiters and overall shock droop settings affect this.
And driver error will still ruin a wet dream despite all that.

Your Shock droop was probably never addressed out the box.
Like @Garcbomber stated above. You have too much control arm deflection.
Shock limiters and overall shock droop settings affect this.
And driver error will still ruin a wet dream despite all that.
The droop screws look like they are screwed in all the way so I’ll loosen them up some it’s in the middle hole on the shock towers

Well I loosened up the droop screws but I need to get more spacers that are behind the screws I noticed the shocks were fully extended. I saw a video on how to adjust droop so I hope I did it right lol

I never had this happen. I only had them pop out of the cup a few times and damaging my arm. I added a 5mm fuel tube on the shaft and it didnt happen since.

I think it cracks under the compression stroke, not extension.

I think it cracks under the compression stroke, not extension.
Yeah I got thinking of that after I said it I’m kinda just sitting here staring at it
image.jpg

Picture left shock is in the upper hole while the picture right side is in the pit of box location

Does the front diff has LSD? If yes and the diff is very thick and you land on pawer or crash under power it can crack the front cup.
Front doesn’t have the lsd and it’s the stock 80k oil

Back