Kraton Took the old Kraton 6S V2 to the skate park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davkhow

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Fun was had, parts were broken ….10/10

Bent the rear of the chassis which broke the shock tower support (?? I think that’s what it’s called, I’ll find out later trying to find new parts) and bent the rear drive shaft.

Guess the biggest money sink this time is the chassis…oops

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

What’s everyone’s recommendations on chassis?

JennysRC.com

Order the OEM chassis for the win!
Order several to save on shipping.. 👊

Get a V5 chassis on Jennys for like 10 bucks or better yet get an M2C one.
Yeah, I was looking at that M2C one as an upgrade. But for that cost, I could get 8 of the V5. I guess I have to decide if it’s worth it to spend the extra and only rebuild it once.

If I do go with M2C, I’ll probably get the essentials kit and just get all new shock towers and center braces too. Cuz I’m sure those would be next anyway.

Idk if the V5 chassis is a straight swap onto a V2. The ears for the droop screws are different in the rear. I know putting V5 arms on a second gen M2C chassis the arms rub on the chassis slightly. I can check to make sure the V2 stuff works on the V5 chassis.

-edit- It will work but you will also need to change out the factory droop screws for some domed ones, the grub style stock V2 droop screws won't make enough contact with the chassis.

1691547063873.jpeg

1691547121721.jpeg

V5 chassis with V1 Rpm arms.

1691547405964.jpeg

V1-V4 chassis.

1691547474839.jpeg

Last edited:
Idk if the V5 chassis is a straight swap onto a V2. The ears for the droop screws are different in the rear. I know putting V5 arms on a second gen M2C chassis the arms rub on the chassis slightly. I can check to make sure the V2 stuff works on the V5 chassis.
I’ve already got the RPM suspension arms for the V5 so I don’t think it should be too much of an issue.

At this point, it’s going to turn into the Ship of Theseus pretty soon

I’ve already got the RPM suspension arms for the V5 so I don’t think it should be too much of an issue.

At this point, it’s going to turn into the Ship of Theseus pretty soon
The suspension geometry of the V5 rear a arms is wrong for the V4 shock towers. You need V5 towers with the V5 a arms.

What did you do here

Screenshot_20230809-011202_Samsung Internet.jpg

The RPM site says they’re backward compatible. They have multiple mounting spots for shocks and sway bars.
There have been report of break rpm v5 arms. Like snaping like twigs pretty easily. The original v5 are tanks already. Takes a lot to snap them. I personally boil them before use

What did you do here

View attachment 316127

There have been report of break rpm v5 arms. Like snaping like twigs pretty easily. The original v5 are tanks already. Takes a lot to snap them. I personally boil them before use

I only had 2 screws holding it on.

What’s everyone’s recommendations on chassis?
Get with the LWB V5 chassis if on the cheap. Way stronger than the V2 -V4 chassis. Get an M2C chassis if your wallet permits.
I feel you should have upgraded your V2 with the Tower to Tower brace and Alloy front and rear braces at the very least for Skate park bashing. These are all must have structural chassis parts.
They probably would have prevented the chassis damage you have there.
What did you do here

View attachment 316127

I find the Nylon RPM's to be too flexi And they stretch out as well. All Leading to popped driveshafts. I also boil them. A must do, less chance of cracking them.
But still run them on a few rgs. I prefer the V5 arms. Yes they can break just like I've done to the RPMs, but I prefer stiff Arms. Better control overall. Especially at the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back